fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Hang tight or implode team (rebuild)?

CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,597
edited October 9 in Dynasty Only
Here is my team that sits at 2-3 in 12 team dynasty league. Also 9th in scoring atm

QB: Big Ben (IR), Stafford, Rudolph, Allen
Rb: DJ, Ingram, Hendy, Samuels, Singletary, Wilkins
Wr: OBJ, ARob, MJones, Beasley, Foster, DWilliams, Quinn, Crowder, Stills
Te: Cook, Howard, Gesicki

Start 1 qb, 2-4 RBs, 2-4 WRs, 1-3 TEs

What do you guys think... hold on and hope to put some points together OR make some trades to work a rebuild?

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,172
    I must say i'm shocked that you was 2 of 5 games with this roster. I would definitely rebuild this team. You have quality peices to rebuild on, Singletary, Rudy, Allen, Hendy (whenever that will happen), OBJ, Duke, and Howard. Get rid of your aging talent and try to get a 1st and parts for DJ soon. Get a 2nd and a 3rd for Ingram.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • the_FULL_effectthe_FULL_effect Posts: 1,779
    I'd either hang on and see how it shake out or look to trade Ingram and get by with Singletary as your rb2 and no depth.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,597
    Yeah, I’m kind of surprised too and that’s part of the reason why I think I can’t decide which direction to go. So, thought I’d get some other opinions with posting it.
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,227
    Time to rebuild
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,916

Time to rebuild

Yep
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 1,778

Time to rebuild

Have to agree here. Plenty of season left to get trades you like over the coming weeks.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,057
    Pack your gear. Time to move on....For picks unload Ingram, Stafford & sell DJ or OBJ if the price is right. Singletary is only piece off limits.
  • RamosianoRamosiano Posts: 386
    Agree. Time to rebuild...

Only DJ and a old Ingram to rely at RB...

ARob and OBJ this year arent consistent
    Would you guys move DJ for Sanders & ‘20 1st (mid to late)? I’m thinking no but checking with the masses
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,172
    Ramosiano said:

OBJ will rebound and improve though. He's the only piece I would retain
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,093
    CoolHand said:

Would you guys move DJ for Sanders & ‘20 1st (mid to late)? I’m thinking no but checking with the masses

I would want more.... but hard to tell if you'd get it without being in the league myself. We all have our values on players, but league dynamics and owners change everything when trying to get a trade done.
    WTCM said:

Ramosiano said:

OBJ will rebound and improve though. He's the only piece I would retain
    Of Course. OBJ is a hold
    SMFFCN said:

CoolHand said:

I would want more.... but hard to tell if you'd get it without being in the league myself. We all have our values on players, but league dynamics and owners change everything when trying to get a trade done.
    It's not bad. I'm high on Sanders for the next year, but now I would want more too
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,518
    2-3 and two old RBs, and an old injured QB with an elbow issue.... Simple answer - this year is prob lost and its time to move on from this roster in a few places.

QB: Big Ben (IR) , Stafford, Rudolph, Allen

Sell Big Ben for a sandwich if you can get a 4th rounder I'd take it
    Sell DJ - go for a 1st rounder next year
    Sell Ingram - to a winning team with need for RB and try to get a late 1st rounder for him. Might not be willing, but try, give a 3rd back if you can't get a straight deal for a late 1st
    Sell - MJones in a package with Ingram if you can to get that pick
    Sell or package Cook (te) for what you can get.

You have building blocks - possibly Henry and Samuels, I like SIngletary to be a good RB2 or maybe RB1
    Keep ODB unless you can get a king's ransom
    Keep OJ and Gesicki as they are worth less now than next year IMO

Full dynasty, I say drop your RBs and go earn yourself an early 2020 pick the hard way, by getting you team beat badly all year. Sell, sell, sell
    Thank you all for the input... taking all of it into consideration. 👍
    Hawk12 said:

2-3 and two old RBs, and an old injured QB with an elbow issue.... Simple answer - this year is prob lost and its time to move on from this roster in a few places.

Sell Ingram - to a winning team with need for RB and try to get a late 1st rounder for him. Might not be willing, but try, give a 3rd back if you can't get a straight deal for a late 1st

You have building blocks - possibly Henry and Samuels, I like SIngletary to be a good RB2 or maybe RB1

Full dynasty, I say drop your RBs and go earn yourself an early 2020 pick the hard way, by getting you team beat badly all year. Sell, sell, sell

I agree with everything except for the last part. I recently blew up one of my rosters but still have every intention of starting the best possible squad I can. I feel like it hurts the league if you try to noncompetitive on purpose. Just my two cents, but I can certainly see the appeal of going the other route.
    SMFFCN said:

Hawk12 said:

I agree with everything except for the last part. I recently blew up one of my rosters but still have every intention of starting the best possible squad I can. I feel like it hurts the league if you try to noncompetitive on purpose. Just my two cents, but I can certainly see the appeal of going the other route.
    Agree. Lossing on purpose is a bad look.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,864

SMFFCN said:

Hawk12 said:

Yep, particularly in money leagues.... grounds for removal IMO
    Did I say start all the turds at the bottom of your roster, NO.

I said trade away his old currently performing RBs.

That only leaves so many choices ;left on this roster and they are not good ones for the 2019 season, so thus the earn you high draft pick the hard way. Starting Samuels, SIngltary and Henderson will get you the early pick, and that's all he'd have left.
    Hawk12 said:

That only leaves so many choices ;left on this roster and they are not good ones for the 2019 season, so thus the earn you high draft pick the hard way. Starting Samuels, SIngltary and Henderson will get you the early pick, and that's all he'd have left.

So his choices would be starting a RB that is out at least a month, another that is on a bye and hasnt played since week2 or one that has taken 2 snaps all season. Sure sounds like lossing on purpose to me. I stand by its not a good look for someone and something I wouldnt do personnaly
    Iceman said:

SMFFCN said:

Hawk12 said:

Yep, particularly in money leagues.... grounds for removal IMO
    I don’t think Hawk meant to lose on purpose... I didn’t take it that way anyways and I wouldn’t do that either. I took it as if you trade players for picks or upside guys and you still play your ‘best’ players but they aren’t good or don’t score, you’re picks are going to be higher, etc
    edited October 10
    Hawk12 said:

@Hawk12 I misread this intent when you used the word "drop"... my mind didn't correlate that comment to trade your standing valuable RBs and then play you have left.

Miss-understood and I apologize.
  • I wanna trade away my RBs but I already have 4 2020 1st round rookie picks, I don’t want a roster of all rookies.
    Offered DJ, Ingram, MJones for Barkley & 1st... not hopeful but never know
    CoolHand said:

Offered DJ, Ingram, MJones for Barkley & 1st... not hopeful but never know

I first read this as Engram and was surprised by this offer and was going to ask who is your TE but then noticed its Ingram. As a Barkley owner I can say I wouldnt be hopeful either but never hurts to ask :)
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,227
    Might be better if the first were on the other side of this equation.

Might be better if the first were on the other side of this equation.

Yep, makes the offer more appealing to the Barkley owner. Otherwise, I doubt this gets accepted.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    Start here and hope like hell he takes it- Offer DJ, Ingram, MJones for Barkley

I was just offered Miles Sanders, Shepard, ‘20 1st for OBJ... not enough right? I’m thinking needs to be a better piece than Shepard involved. Thoughts?

@Hawk12 @Doobie_Snacks @Whos_Ur_Doggie @Iceman @HellAtlantic @SMFFCN
    Yeah, I think you could do better than that for OBJ.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator