fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Pumping the breaks on Hollywood Brown

Let me start by saying I am buying in on Hollywood. I have him in DC2 dynasty, and grabbed him in a redraft league. But we need to keep in mind that he is returning from an injury, which limited his availability throughout the offseason. Brown only played 12 snaps this past weekend...12 !!!!... However on those 12 plays he caught 4 of 5 targets for a crap ton of yards and 2 tds.

So a couple things to consider before rushing him into lineups in week 2. Are the Ravens easing him back in? How much more of a role will he play in week 2? Is he more Steve Smith or Torrey Smith? Is he a consistent producer or more of a best ball specialist?

The good news is if you miss out on him this week on waivers in redraft, I think he might be available again in a few weeks, when he doesn’t replicate his week 1 performance because the team is limiting his snaps. But he will pick it up again as the season roles on. So if you do pick him up, you might need to exercise patience.
«1

Comments

  • He just scored 2 td’s in a game - for what reason do you think the Ravens would randomly decide to limit his snaps? Antonio Brown on that team? It’s just him and Mark Andrews (I have both and am starting both) on the team for Lamar to throw to. Everyone else on that team is JAG.
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,972
    I don't see them limiting his snaps, but more importantly they don't get to play the Dolphins again
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,439
    edited September 10

    He just scored 2 td’s in a game - for what reason do you think the Ravens would randomly decide to limit his snaps? Antonio Brown on that team? It’s just him and Mark Andrews (I have both and am starting both) on the team for Lamar to throw to. Everyone else on that team is JAG.

    Snead is a dependable underneath wr who Lamar can depend on.
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 816

    He just scored 2 td’s in a game - for what reason do you think the Ravens would randomly decide to limit his snaps? Antonio Brown on that team? It’s just him and Mark Andrews (I have both and am starting both) on the team for Lamar to throw to. Everyone else on that team is JAG.

    He had surgery in February for a Lisfranc injury, which cost him time during the offseason. There was a question whether or not he would even play week 1. The Ravens made a big investment in him, it wouldn’t surprise me if they played it safe with him in the early part of the season.
  • I like him in best ball but would be nervous to start him in standard leagues. As you alluded to earlier, that type of efficiency is insane. I would stash him on the bench another week and hope his snap share increases.
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 375
    Lets please stop calling him hollywood, and call him by his true name, because nobody reallly reckognizes hollywood.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 375
    sounds like your making a jeff gordon out of the dude
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 375
    makes me mad........ you have to earn it, like saving private ryan...... earn it.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,807
    What’s going on here?
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 375
    nobody reckognizes or respects hollywood california
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 816
    Scorp said:

    nobody reckognizes or respects hollywood california

    I work in Hollywood.
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,972
    G_Men said:

    What’s going on here?

    Agreed
  • Scorp said:

    Lets please stop calling him hollywood, and call him by his true name, because nobody reallly reckognizes hollywood.

    That’s his nickname... before now
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,885
    Coffee od
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • When OBJ broke out his rookie year and everyone left him on their benches (those of us lucky enough to have him) did you “pump the brakes”? I didn’t. I put him in my lineup the very next week and went on to win back to back championships. I don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. He’s a home run hitter. He’s gonna strike out and he’s gonna hit homeruns. You take the good with the bad and hope he’s in your lineup the weeks he blows up. Don’t overthink it.
  • tmoney said:

    Let me start by saying I am buying in on Hollywood. I have him in DC2 dynasty, and grabbed him in a redraft league. But we need to keep in mind that he is returning from an injury, which limited his availability throughout the offseason. Brown only played 12 snaps this past weekend...12 !!!!... However on those 12 plays he caught 4 of 5 targets for a crap ton of yards and 2 tds.

    So a couple things to consider before rushing him into lineups in week 2. Are the Ravens easing him back in? How much more of a role will he play in week 2? Is he more Steve Smith or Torrey Smith? Is he a consistent producer or more of a best ball specialist?

    The good news is if you miss out on him this week on waivers in redraft, I think he might be available again in a few weeks, when he doesn’t replicate his week 1 performance because the team is limiting his snaps. But he will pick it up again as the season roles on. So if you do pick him up, you might need to exercise patience.

    Wether people agree or not, this is a great take and definitely something to think about. Thanks @tmoney

  • tmoney said:

    Scorp said:

    nobody reckognizes or respects hollywood california

    I work in Hollywood.

    Waddup neighbor, I'm in Santa Monica.

  • He just scored 2 td’s in a game - for what reason do you think the Ravens would randomly decide to limit his snaps? Antonio Brown on that team? It’s just him and Mark Andrews (I have both and am starting both) on the team for Lamar to throw to. Everyone else on that team is JAG.

    Even if they don't reduce his snaps, he's only at 14 per game. I think he only ran like eight routes.
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,972
    Marquise Brown lined up against Eric Rowe on 5 plays on Sunday. The result:
    4 targets
    4 receptions
    147 yards
    2 TD
    (Boykin was lined up against Rowe on his TD, too)
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,807
    edited September 10
    lukeb5301 said:

    Marquise Brown lined up against Eric Rowe on 5 plays on Sunday. The result:
    4 targets
    4 receptions
    147 yards
    2 TD
    (Boykin was lined up against Rowe on his TD, too)

    Nice stat.. now who faces him next? Gordon?
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 816

    tmoney said:

    Let me start by saying I am buying in on Hollywood. I have him in DC2 dynasty, and grabbed him in a redraft league. But we need to keep in mind that he is returning from an injury, which limited his availability throughout the offseason. Brown only played 12 snaps this past weekend...12 !!!!... However on those 12 plays he caught 4 of 5 targets for a crap ton of yards and 2 tds.

    So a couple things to consider before rushing him into lineups in week 2. Are the Ravens easing him back in? How much more of a role will he play in week 2? Is he more Steve Smith or Torrey Smith? Is he a consistent producer or more of a best ball specialist?

    The good news is if you miss out on him this week on waivers in redraft, I think he might be available again in a few weeks, when he doesn’t replicate his week 1 performance because the team is limiting his snaps. But he will pick it up again as the season roles on. So if you do pick him up, you might need to exercise patience.

    Wether people agree or not, this is a great take and definitely something to think about. Thanks @tmoney
    Thank you. The snap totals caught my eye in regards to the production, and wanted to put some thoughts together to spark conversation.
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,972
    G_Men said:

    lukeb5301 said:

    Marquise Brown lined up against Eric Rowe on 5 plays on Sunday. The result:
    4 targets
    4 receptions
    147 yards
    2 TD
    (Boykin was lined up against Rowe on his TD, too)

    Nice stat.. now who faces him next? Gordon?
    I think so but he won't be able to handle his jockstrap so who knows.

    Remember Eric Rowe was also who replaced Malcom Butler in the SB when the pats lost to the eagles and Gave up a TD to Jeffery, this guy is hot trash...
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 375
    I still don't know wtf he is lol
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 375
    so dont deserve the name hollywood yet
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 375
    I try to stay away from previously injured players, yall go your own way.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • Scorp said:

    I try to stay away from previously injured players, yall go your own way.

    That list must be small
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 375
    LOL smaller than you think.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • Scorp said:

    LOL smaller than you think.

    Thanks @Scorp !!!!

    Love me some Fleetwood Mac! Finally saw them in concert for THE FIRST TIME last year. No Lindsey Buckingham, BUT my girl Christy was back!

    BTW... such a great song from such a great group is probably wasted on the majority of the young whippersnappers at this site.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Carr, Stafford/ RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, Boyd, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Gronk
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • I guess you would’ve missed out on OBJ who started his career with the Giants with a hamstring injury and didn’t play until week 4 I believe.

    Sound theory you got there.
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 972
    Real fast
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
Sign In or Register to comment.