fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

# 1 waiver claim

boyzballboyzball Posts: 972
With 2019 week 1 in the books who is the # 1 waiver claim or who we spending all our faab dollars on?

In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~

Comments

• Given my WR situatuon I’m targeting Hollywood for 29 out of 100
    (I only own golladay/djax)
  • I’m planning on bidding $40 on Malcolm Brown, $35 on McLaurin and $25 on Gio and blow my whole $100. ( I own Mixon, Hollywood is owned already).
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 972

I’m planning on bidding $40 on Malcolm Brown, $35 on McLaurin and $25 on Gio and blow my whole $100. ( I own Mixon, Hollywood is owned already).

Couldn't agree more. After watching the Rams vs Car game over again. Malcolm Brown looks like the best option, 2 goal line plunges too. Gurley and Brown and one and two. Hendy 3rd option got jack didly doo, he is a bust until Gurley or Brown goes down. Looks like the Rams trusted Brown when Gurley fumbled in the redzone although there was a penalty on the play. Brown has the looks of the lead back in LA. He had better grind between the tackles with power and fighting for yards. I'd say Malcolm Brown is the # 1 waiver claim in redraft.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,592
    Don't overreact to week 1.
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,592
    As in don't blow your whole budget the first week.
  • I don't think a fumble in the redzone was all it took for them to trust Brown in the redzone more than Gurley. Gurley's trust level is still 100%, but it does show that they're fine splitting it 50/50 regardless of where they are on the field.
  • I think as the season wears on it becomes 50/30/20 as Henderson adjusts to pro levels. Don’t overreact to rookies who aren’t fully ready yet
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 375
    I found the injury to Funchess, and the retirement of Luck to be pretty substantial. If you don't have anyone to pick, I think this Dion Cain is about ready to come out of the woodwork, and you know Dion Sanders is gonna love to talk about him.
    Disfunctional Maniac
    I was always a fan of the Ravens WR Mason. If Brown is available, he's #1 priority. While I love Mclaurin, I can only put him in the Tyler Lockett (SEA) category for now.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,885
    Scorp said:

I was always a fan of the Ravens WR Mason. If Brown is available, he's #1 priority. While I love Mclaurin, I can only put him in the Tyler Lockett (SEA) category for now.

How much would you bid on him though?
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Scorp said:

How much would you bid on him though?
    He's not a free agent except for in a free league with no bidding bux. So it depends on your bidding amount allowed for the season, because there are going to be plenty of other injuries as the season moves forward. If we're talking dynasty, and I needed a stud WR badly enough, I'd probably bet all of it on this rookie to get him. But... if there are other recievers available, I'd only bet about half my expendenture since it's week 1, and you have to get your rookies cheap if you can. Depends on the amount of cap space you have available, and the WR core you already have. Example: I wouldnt keep Kenny Stills (HOU) for him even with the Houston RB situation.
    Disfunctional Maniac
    This rookie is worth the money.
    Disfunctional Maniac
    Solid info
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Redraft
    Given my WR situatuon I’m targeting Hollywood for 29 out of my 100
    (I only own golladay/djax)
    who is hollywood?
    Disfunctional Maniac
    Scorp said:

who is hollywood?

Marquise Brown's nickname
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • I put in a bid of $25 for Hollywood but I’m thinking of cancelling that and resubmitting for more. I don’t expect him to get 2 td’s every week but he clearly has *eite* speed and when you think about it with Lamar Jackson’s elite running ability defenses will ALWAYS have to keep one eye on the run. They can’t cover everybody. That might mean more one on one matchups for Hollywood.
    I just didn't have enough high draft picks to take him, I knew he'd be good, just jealous, that's all.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • I just resubmitted my claim for Hollywood- $35. I want him. I already have him in my dynasty league, I want him in my redraft league now.
    You have to be careful with Baltimore, just my opinion, but they have a Kaepernick style QB, may turn out to be a Tim Tebow. Still, I think he'll be up and down, but in the top 3 of this years rookie WR's.
    Disfunctional Maniac
    I think Metcalf with the Baldwin and Thomas departures deserves #4, but we'll see.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 858
    edited September 10
    Tebow never threw 5 TD’s in a game. Lamar Jackson is no Tebow.
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,972
    Scorp said:

You have to be careful with Baltimore, just my opinion, but they have a Kaepernick style QB, may turn out to be a Tim Tebow. Still, I think he'll be up and down, but in the top 3 of this years rookie WR's.

I agree with the be careful with BAL but for a different reason. They played the dolphins. Players were wide open all over the place, the Dolphins had the worst pass rush I've seen in the history of the NFL. I've never seen a team care less in my life than this team.
    The dolphins gave up tannehill, that pretty much means they don't have a QB, and are looking for a future. The Steelers and Giants gave up their best players, that means they want a high draft pick. All in all, yall better be watching college football, because the NFL wants them bad. Luck Retired, damn retards, there is something big coming.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • I think you mean Jake Fromm, Tua & Hebert........ Rosen will be playing soon.

• So have we actually decided on the order of these hot wire pick ups??? From what I’ve gathered

Ross
    HOLLYWOOD
    John brown
    Malcolm
    Metcalf

???
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 858
    edited September 11
    I have it:

Hollywood
    Malcom
    John Brown (he doesn’t have to worry about an AJ Green returning later this yr)
    Ross
    Metcalf
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 972
    Malcolm Brown/Gio Bernard # 1
    J ROSS # 2
    Hollywood Brown# 3
    Hockenson/Waller # 4
    McClarin # 5

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,439
    You guys are relentless. 🤣
  • PAFASPAFAS Posts: 603
    What can brown do for you??? (sorry had to do it)

I'm going after Malcolm, Smoke Brown then Hollywood
    #indavidmontgomerywetrust