fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff (1pm EST) on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Week 1 Thoughts

Cam Newton .....just didn’t look right, don’t expect him to run much early in the season (shoulder) which is a big part of his game
The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,564

Cam Newton .....just didn’t look right, don’t expect him to run much early in the season (shoulder) which is a big part of his game

Hence the big game from CMC.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • cablejackscablejacks Posts: 671
    J Winston also brought his A/Game....glad to be a M Evans owner
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,064
    If you want Cam Newton just draft Lamar Jackson.
  • If you want Cam Newton just draft Lamar Jackson.

Lol - nailed it!

• boyzballboyzball Posts: 1,224

EVERYONE PLAY WHATEVER DEFENSE THE BUC'S PLAY.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • DemigodrvaDemigodrva Posts: 977
    boyzball said:

Or miami

boyzball said:

Or miami
    RIGHT!
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • My Week 1 Thought is i just lost this week because of the missed XP penalty that resulted in a retry. Lost by .2, he had Fairbirn. This after Hopkins caught that incredible catch to give me a .8 lead.
    12 team Half PPR, 1 year keeper after 3rd Round
    QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, D/ST, K
    All the shhh that happened the past months and AB just leaving. What a way to hold your self together Raider nation and get a win.
  • RamosianoRamosiano Posts: 422

My Week 1 Thought is i just lost this week because of the missed XP penalty that resulted in a retry. Lost by .2, he had Fairbirn. This after Hopkins caught that incredible catch to give me a .8 lead.

Hard way to lose...
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,977
    boyzball said:

All the shhh that happened the past months and AB just leaving. What a way to hold your self together Raider nation and get a win.

This was a predictable win for me.. a classic way the NFL (and Vegas) goes.
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 376

I love this guy, who invited him to the forum!
    Disfunctional Maniac
    Miami's opponent is the defense you want, you heard it in this post first.
    Disfunctional Maniac
    My rookie DT Wilkins is gonna rock this year, because Miamis offense will not be able to stay on the field
    Disfunctional Maniac
    I actually need to trade away TB's stud DT Suh the replacement of Gerald McCoy just so I can actually get any value out of the piece of shit.
    Disfunctional Maniac
    edited September 10
    I'm pretty fucked here, thinking that a rookie like Ian Thomas or Jordan Phillips could ever take over for greats like Olsen or Kyle Williams. The truth is once the team you worshiped them on loses them, you yourself have to move on, just for a little while.
    Disfunctional Maniac
    Who's got the inside track on Denver after the release of Demarius Thomas and full time LB Brandon Marshall?
    Disfunctional Maniac
    edited September 10
    It's a conspiriacy I tell you, all this happened one week before you had to set you lineup! Assholes, they're all just assholes after your money.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 2,069
    Dude are you drunk?
  • Attention
    Funny man.
  • lukeb5301 said:

Dude are you drunk?

My thoughts exactly. LMAO

• My Falcons and lost their number 1 draft pick to broken foot. Not the opening to season i wanted
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.

My Falcons and lost their number 1 draft pick to broken foot. Not the opening to season i wanted

And the Eagles coming to town week 2.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,389
    What I saw:

49'ers have solid RB's in Breida and Mostret. Kittle is a beast and will get his unless double and triple covered. Jimmy G is coming around slowly so the WR's may come more into play as the season moves on.
    Bucs - Winston should be on a short leash. He looked like crap and the QB whisperer may want to snuggle up to Ryan Griffin's ear instead. RB's Barber is Barber, Ogunbowale is serviceable and Rojo may have gotten his rectal/cranial inversion worked on. I saw what was his best run as a NFL player in that game and with any luck he may be moving in the right direction. I've bashed him from the get go so here's your cudo kid. Run with it. WR's Evans had a yeast infection apparently, Godwin will be fine. They both need to get better separation though moving forward. TE's OJ Howard WTH man - see ball, catch ball, keep ball, run if you can- repeat as needed. C. Brate solid guy. Kicker he's Gay and that's ok.

Lions poor M. Stafford. Patricia as a head coach is painful to watch.
    Arizona - tale of two games. The announcer said it great "to say the Cardinals offense looked like garbage for 3 quarters would be doing a disservice to garbage" and then the 4th quarter came around and poof dink/dunk hit the gap TD. It will be interesting to see the maturation of this offense.

Steelers - looked like they really didn't want to play the Pats in week 1. If they look the same against the Seahawks this week oh boy. Washington, Johnson and JuJu should be the WR's on the field. Moncrief should not be out there ever again. V Mac needs more involvement and what ever that running "attack" was should be benched for a real running attack.
    New England - yeah they played great......................they still suck

Houston - Watson needs to take care not to hurt himself. The passing game is fun to watch. Nuke with the belly to back suplex yeah baby he's a WR. Jury is out on D. Johnson he is not an every down back and shouldn't be sent up the middle imo BUT he should be utilized out of the backfield as a receiver that where he shines. Will see what happens.
    Saints - fantasy relevant players abound. That was a good game

Dolphins - ugh that was embarrassing
    Ravens - attention all owners YOU WILL NOT BE PLAYING THE DOLPHINS EACH WEEK take a breath. L. Jackson did make better throws so that is very intriguing if he can keep up that maturation in his game he will be a monster. RB's Ingram, Edwards and Hill all have potential. TE M. Andrews should be taken in all leagues now. Even as the Ravens face better opponents - you know high schoolers and chuch leagues - Jackson to Andrews will be a solid thing. WR's do not think that M. Brown will run wide open every time every game :) would be fun to watch but not going to happen. Taper your expectations and look for solid WR2 type numbers and hope for better output.

Panthers - Cam Newton has a bad shoulder - still - his throwing motion is poop and if he doesn't get better the Panthers will be in hot water. He lost that game for them. CMC is a beast I hope he stays healthy all year he will put up crazy numbers.
    Rams - Sort of pedestrian numbers for the offense against a pretty solid Def. Goff will be looking at Kupp/Woods combo for most things passing. RB Gurley did ok he had 97 yards on 14 carries. About 50 of those yard came on 3 plays. He also didn't seem to have a "burst" and ran out of bounds a few times instead of turning it up field. He's playing and he's producing but he still doesn't look like the elite Todd Gurley. Malcom Brown is the RB2 right now. Wouldn't give up on Hendy yet let's see if he gets more chances this week.

Bears/Packers - I'm going to pretend that game never happened offensively and see what they do this week. Both D's game in and dominated the other team.

"The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • What I saw:

49'ers have solid RB's in Breida and Mostret. Kittle is a beast and will get his unless double and triple covered. Jimmy G is coming around slowly so the WR's may come more into play as the season moves on.
    Bucs - Winston should be on a short leash. He looked like crap and the QB whisperer may want to snuggle up to Ryan Griffin's ear instead. RB's Barber is Barber, Ogunbowale is serviceable and Rojo may have gotten his rectal/cranial inversion worked on. I saw what was his best run as a NFL player in that game and with any luck he may be moving in the right direction. I've bashed him from the get go so here's your cudo kid. Run with it. WR's Evans had a yeast infection apparently, Godwin will be fine. They both need to get better separation though moving forward. TE's OJ Howard WTH man - see ball, catch ball, keep ball, run if you can- repeat as needed. C. Brate solid guy. Kicker he's Gay and that's ok.

Lions poor M. Stafford. Patricia as a head coach is painful to watch.
    Arizona - tale of two games. The announcer said it great "to say the Cardinals offense looked like garbage for 3 quarters would be doing a disservice to garbage" and then the 4th quarter came around and poof dink/dunk hit the gap TD. It will be interesting to see the maturation of this offense.

Steelers - looked like they really didn't want to play the Pats in week 1. If they look the same against the Seahawks this week oh boy. Washington, Johnson and JuJu should be the WR's on the field. Moncrief should not be out there ever again. V Mac needs more involvement and what ever that running "attack" was should be benched for a real running attack.
    New England - yeah they played great......................they still suck

Houston - Watson needs to take care not to hurt himself. The passing game is fun to watch. Nuke with the belly to back suplex yeah baby he's a WR. Jury is out on D. Johnson he is not an every down back and shouldn't be sent up the middle imo BUT he should be utilized out of the backfield as a receiver that where he shines. Will see what happens.
    Saints - fantasy relevant players abound. That was a good game

Dolphins - ugh that was embarrassing
    Ravens - attention all owners YOU WILL NOT BE PLAYING THE DOLPHINS EACH WEEK take a breath. L. Jackson did make better throws so that is very intriguing if he can keep up that maturation in his game he will be a monster. RB's Ingram, Edwards and Hill all have potential. TE M. Andrews should be taken in all leagues now. Even as the Ravens face better opponents - you know high schoolers and chuch leagues - Jackson to Andrews will be a solid thing. WR's do not think that M. Brown will run wide open every time every game :) would be fun to watch but not going to happen. Taper your expectations and look for solid WR2 type numbers and hope for better output.

Panthers - Cam Newton has a bad shoulder - still - his throwing motion is poop and if he doesn't get better the Panthers will be in hot water. He lost that game for them. CMC is a beast I hope he stays healthy all year he will put up crazy numbers.
    Rams - Sort of pedestrian numbers for the offense against a pretty solid Def. Goff will be looking at Kupp/Woods combo for most things passing. RB Gurley did ok he had 97 yards on 14 carries. About 50 of those yard came on 3 plays. He also didn't seem to have a "burst" and ran out of bounds a few times instead of turning it up field. He's playing and he's producing but he still doesn't look like the elite Todd Gurley. Malcom Brown is the RB2 right now. Wouldn't give up on Hendy yet let's see if he gets more chances this week.

Bears/Packers - I'm going to pretend that game never happened offensively and see what they do this week. Both D's game in and dominated the other team.

I think Mullens replaces Jimmy in do time.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    lukeb5301 said:

Dude are you drunk?

Sorry for my language, yes, I was drunk, probably could have blown a 4.0.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • @rabidbucfan Thank you! That's exactly the same thing I saw from Gurley. But careful. You'll have @DAX spam you with Matt Waldman clips if you say anything critical about his Rams
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 2,069
    Scorp said:

lukeb5301 said:

Dude are you drunk?

Sorry for my language, yes, I was drunk, probably could have blown a 4.0.
    Listen bud.... That my job on this forum!