Fantasy Radio: 2018 Mock Draft Show

2018 Fantasy Football Mock Draft

Round 1

1.01 – Todd Gurley LAR RB (Smitty)
1.02 – Ezekiel Elliott DAL RB (Russ)
1.03 – David Johnson AZ RB (Smitty)
1.04 – Leonard Fournette RB JAC (Russ)
1.05 – LeVeon Bell WR PIT (Smitty)
1.06 – Kareem Hunt RB KC (Russ)
1.07 – DeAndre Hopkins WR HOU (Smitty)
1.08 – Melvin Gordon RB LAC (Russ)
1.09 – Antonio Brown WR PIT (Smitty)
1.10 – Jay Ajayi RB PHI (Russ)
1.11 – Alvin Kamara RB NO (Smitty)
1.12 – Mark Ingram RB NO (Russ)

Round 2

2.01 – Odell Beckham WR NYG (Smitty)
2.02 – Jordan Howard RB CHI (Russ)
2.03 – Julio Jones WR ATL(Smitty)
2.04 – Devonta Freeman RB ATL (Russ)
2.05 – AJ Green WR CIN (Smitty)
2.06 – Christian McCaffrey tm (Russ)
2.07 – Aaron Rodgers QB GB (Smitty)
2.08 – Kenyan Drake RB (Russ)
2.09 – DeShaun Watson QB HOU (Smitty)
2.10 – LeSean McCoy RB BUF (Russ)
2.11 – Mike Evans WR TB(Smitty)
2.12 – Dalvin Cook RB MIN (Russ)

fantasy football writer smitty sleeperu

Playing Show >> 2018 Fantasy Football Mock Draft

It’s here! The 2018 Fantasy Football Season. That mean’s it’s time to crank out some crazy-early 2018 Fantasy Football Mock Draft information, and what better way to mock draft than live on the radio. You’re listening to Smitty and Russ Bliss on The Red Zone Radio Show (NBC Sports Radio, 1580am The Fanatic), which is arguably the longest-running fantasy football radio program in the world. It’s been going for 21-straight years. That’s about as old as JuJu Smith-Schuster.

During this fantasy football radio show, Smitty and host Russ Bliss battle it out in a two-round 2018 Fantasy Football Mock Draft.

Related:

Radio Show Archive

(A special thanks to Russ Bliss, who is the host of The Red Zone. You can listen to all of Russ’ shows at 1580 The Fanatic here.)

1. rabidbucfan on January 3, 2018 at 6:32 pm

crazy draft the RB is back lol

2. Smitty on January 3, 2018 at 7:17 pm

Yes Sir!

3. Masson on January 3, 2018 at 10:44 pm

Can’t wait for next season. Drake and Watson picks little surprising

• Smitty on January 4, 2018 at 12:04 am

Well, I agree, but keep in mind that I prefaced that I would likely wait longer in a real draft, and I was proving a point to slot him where he should (but won’t) be drafted. Meaning that’s great news, he’s likely a third rounder in most situations, yet I slot him higher! Good news!

• Smitty on January 4, 2018 at 1:44 am

Hey Masson, who do you think should have been in the top 24 that was not? There were a half dozen guys that could have went in that second round that didn’t, rounds 1 and 2 seem crazy-deep this year, huh?

4. Masson on January 4, 2018 at 2:12 pm

Love the potential of Drake and Watson but I have hard time taking QBs early. I’d rather have couple receivers in that area like Michael Thomas or Keenan Allen

• Masson on January 4, 2018 at 2:13 pm

But yeah round 2 is still loaded

• Smitty on January 4, 2018 at 3:44 pm

Yep, it sure is. The entire first-round is as good as I’ve ever seen it. The guys at 8 and 9 can be top 2-4 fantasy players, easily.

• Smitty on January 4, 2018 at 3:43 pm

Right. And, as I said on the show I would NOT take Deshaun Watson that early. I’d use ADP to my advantage, but as I said, I wanted to prove a point as to how valuable he is and where he ‘should’ go (but he won’t). I wouldn’t take him that high, it’s merely to signify where he does in my view belong and if his ADP did rise there I’d take him there. It won’t likely get that high, unless he goes nuts in the preseason or something and someone drafts after such an outing.

• Masson on January 4, 2018 at 4:48 pm

Yeah I know you like to prove a point on players in things like this but was still surprised when I saw Watson’s name. He looked amazing though and will be curious to see where his adp ends up. I’d love if he ends up in that 4th round range

• Smitty on January 4, 2018 at 10:53 pm

I hear ya. Good news is he won’t cost a 2nd. A 4th would be amazing, yep, i doubt he falls that far on average, but we shall see, pal. Let’s hope!

• Masson on January 4, 2018 at 11:52 pm

Bummed this guy won’t trade Watson no matter what in one of my dynasties. He has no WRs and also has Wilson at QB and I finally tried offering AJ Green straight up and still declined. I have Hopkins as well so would have loved Watson to Hopkins combo

5. Smitty on January 4, 2018 at 11:57 pm

@masson I’m telling you, his value is in the 2nd round when you step outside of ADP and draft thinking. In all honesty, he has first-round value, so does ARod. But, people don’t draft QBs like they should because everyone lets them slip. If no one let them slip, you’d see Watson (value wise) as a monster steal in the late 2nd round. It’s all about ADPs, it drives the draft value market. But, come trade time, you will see people value Watson and ARod like they honestly should be valued. It’s crazy, I know.. Don’t overpay, though, again, the point is to get him at value he can explode from… just get him in another league.