fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

Derek Carr vs. Nick Foles

10 team NoPPR Dynasty league. 28 player roster in my sig.

Do I retain Carr through the off season or grab Foles off of the trash heap.

I will try to sell either one in August before I have to cut 5 players for the 2019 Rookie / Free Agent draft. Who should fetch the higher price?
10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
- - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
- - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
DST - Steelers / K - Lutz

Comments

• Most people in the know understand that Foles will not be able to bring his magic all season.

If you’re playing with Newbies that follow hype and the new toy - then Foles will fetch more.

If you’re playing with solid vets - Carr should get you more.

• Either way though, neither one should be rostered in a 10-team league!

• IcemanIceman Posts: 4,375

Most people in the know understand that Foles will not be able to bring his magic all season.

If you’re playing with Newbies that follow hype and the new toy - then Foles will fetch more.

If you’re playing with solid vets - Carr should get you more.

Agree..
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,832
    Even with Foles' magic last year, and his success at the end of this season.... the fact he's still on the "trash" heap should be your answer. Foles played enough of the season that someone could have grabbed him already if they were interested.

I wouldn't give much of anything for either in a 10 team, but I would think Carr holds more value between the two.
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,471
    Okay

Besides Carr, I also have Luck, Wilson, Josh Allen and Rosen.

Carr or Rosen. My roster is big enough to carry 4 QBs at least for a while.

I guess I could send Carr packing and pick up Ballage who I dropped to pick up Foster. But, I already have a ton of RBs with Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, Cook, Guice, Samuels, Miller and D'Onta Foreman.. There might be a WR worth a look, but it is NoPPR and passing TDs = 6. Not much left in the TE pool.

I am RB heavy because it is NoPPR and that won't likely change.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
  • I prefer Carr over Rosen.

edited January 17
    Thanks fellas.

Okay Carr over Rosen. Although, I still think that Rosen will be good albeit a project. Carr was not as bad as it seemed, throwing for over 4,000 yards, BUT, only had 19 TDs with 10 INTs which made him QB18 in my league.

My gut tells me that Carr and Rosen will get straightened out.

"Possible starting QBs" in the FA pool include Fitzpatrick, Flacco, Foles, Tyrod Taylor, Mullins and Driskel... ughhhh.

Somebody will need some QB depth. There are 2 teams that only have 2 QBs. One of them has Rivers and Alex Smith. The Super Bowl winner has Cousins and Lamar Jackson. A 3rd team has Mahommes, Brady and Beathard. So, I think that there are some opportunities to sell some of my depth.

Free agent WRs include Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Taylor Gabriel, Albert Wilson, Dontrelle Inman, Desean Hamilton and Treadwell

Free agent TEs include Eifert, Delanie Walker, Mark Andrews, Doyle, Jarwin, Heuerman, and Dissly. The health issues of Gronkowski and OJ Howard killed me last year.

I am losing my stranglehold on this league, having lost the last 2 Super Bowls and trying to get out ahead of the pack.

In case you can't see my team in my sig here it is. It needs more WRs and TEs than I have. But since it is NoPPR and since I have needed practically every RB I have, I am reluctant to part with RBs

• Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,264
    4 QBs in a team teamer? What for??? There should always be someone on the wire....

Curtis Samuel could end up finally being what he was advertised as - if not no biggie you cut Carr for a long shot...
    edited January 17
    Hawk12 said:

4 QBs in a team teamer? What for??? There should always be someone on the wire....

Curtis Samuel could end up finally being what he was advertised as - if not no biggie you cut Carr for a long shot...

Ya... 4 QBs at the start of the year.

I thought that Wilson and Carr would be the ones on which I could rely. Was unsure of how Luck would be and drafted Rosen. Then I grabbed Allen off the trash heap later in the year and was not ready to drop Carr or Rosen.

I liked Curtis Samuel coming out of college and hoped he would become the starting RB. I drafted him in my SleeperU league, but, ultimately gave up on him.

You can see what is currently in the FA pool. With 28 man rosters, 6 points for passing TDs and NoPPR, QBs and RBs are the hot commodities AND... DSTs because the good ones can score like RBs in this league, which is why I keep the Ravens and the Vikes
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,093
    I'd rather Foles over Carr.