fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

Joe Flacco to the Broncos

Trade in place(must wait until March 13)

Flacco to the Broncos for likely a mid round pick

Lamar Jackson the future on Baltimore

Comments

• That was quick. Most people believed that he would need at least 2 full years to be NFL ready.

• SmittySmitty Posts: 7,521
    Not sure how I feel about it. I mean, is he an upgrade? Maybe? Will he stay healthy? Maybe not? lol
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,333
    Smitty said:

Not sure how I feel about it. I mean, is he an upgrade? Maybe? Will he stay healthy? Maybe not? lol

upgrade - better deep ball for sure
    healthy meh lol
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,839
    Meh maybe and upgrade base on how trash keenum is but flacco still trash
    Since 2013, 36 QBs have thrown 1000+ passes. Joe Flacco ranks 34th in rating (ahead of Bortles and Osweiler), 35th in ypa (ahead of Osweiler) and 35th in TD pct (ahead of Osweiler).

In other words.... He's trash
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 731
    I don’t see this trade keeping the Broncos from drafting a QB early. They had an extra 4th from the Demaryius Thomas trade.
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,234
    Broncos are grasping for straws , I personally don’t think Denver has the scouting personnel to know who will transition into a great QB from college. Elway is out of touch as a GM
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,227
    lukeb5301 said:

Since 2013, 36 QBs have thrown 1000+ passes. Joe Flacco ranks 34th in rating (ahead of Bortles and Osweiler), 35th in ypa (ahead of Osweiler) and 35th in TD pct (ahead of Osweiler).

can you name his WRs and TEs in that span? TEs have been injured over and over, WRs stunk - - - Was he good, not really, was it all his fault, not even close - they even had a year when Balt played their 6th string RB... Remember when Balt traded fro Willie Snead and that was a huge upgrade over what they had? They have given him zero weapons, I think he'll do well tossing it deep to Sutton. His best throw is the deep ball and Sutton is his best going to get contested deep throws

He'd have been just as good or bad had he been throwing to the beer guy, the peanut vendor, and the cotton candy concession dudes....
    Hawk12 said:

lukeb5301 said:

can you name his WRs and TEs in that span? TEs have been injured over and over, WRs stunk - - - Was he good, not really, was it all his fault, not even close - they even had a year when Balt played their 6th string RB... Remember when Balt traded fro Willie Snead and that was a huge upgrade over what they had? They have given him zero weapons, I think he'll do well tossing it deep to Sutton. His best throw is the deep ball and Sutton is his best going to get contested deep throws

He'd have been just as good or bad had he been throwing to the beer guy, the peanut vendor, and the cotton candy concession dudes....
    Joe Flacco was the only QB in 5 years to have no WRs? Yet the only QBs hes been better than in all 3 areas is Brock Osweiler? Yes he had bad weapons, doesn't change the fact hes trash.. Hot trash to be exact.

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 9,687
    They were better with Keenum if you ask me. Flacco should retire
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Here’s a stat:

Joe Flacco 10 Playoff Wins.

Buffalo Bills 0 Since ‘96, 1 Since ‘95.

Here’s a stat:

Baltimore Ravens 10 Playoff Wins.

Fixed for you, even though the comparison has 0 relevance to this subject. Good talk though, feel free to come back when you have something relevant to add.
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,227
    lukeb5301 said:

Here’s a stat:

Fixed for you, even though the comparison has 0 relevance to this subject. Good talk though, feel free to come back when you have something relevant to add.
    Luke, make your pints, but no need to be nasty towards others for making theirs.... This is a community here, not some random reddit thread where its cool to troll others
  • NO harm done Luke. Im not offended. Im just stating facts. It is relevant if Flacco has proven he can win Playoff games & the Bills haven't won a playoff game since 96'. (I will say I think the Music City Miracle was a forward lateral)

I think its a good move for the Broncos. Flacco is a reliable qb that has some left in the tank. He has proven he can beat the Pats, Steelers, Colts,Broncos @ home or on the road in -10 temperature in the Playoffs. Elway thinks he can so Im on board for this upcoming season. He is about reloading not rebuilding. $18.5Mil contract. Keenum has $7Mil in dead cap $ if they cut him or maybe he will restructure/trade. Broncos need to have a nice draft & get some free agents to make it work.
  • The Broncos will be drafting their future QB so Flacco is nothing more than a filler for 2019 IMO.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    Hawk12 said:

lukeb5301 said:

Here’s a stat:

Luke, make your pints, but no need to be nasty towards others for making theirs.... This is a community here, not some random reddit thread where its cool to troll others
    Huh?

Troll others?

He came here comparing flacco wins to the buffalo bills which has 0 relevance to this thread.

Thanks for your input also
  • Here’s a stat:

Joe Flacco 10 Playoff Wins.

Ummm.... this seems to imply that Flacco was the only reason why Baltimore has won 10 playoff games, lol. There are quite a few other teams besides the Bills who haven't won a playoff game since 1996. :tongue:
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

NO harm done Luke. Im not offended. Im just stating facts. It is relevant if Flacco has proven he can win Playoff games & the Bills haven't won a playoff game since 96'. (I will say I think the Music City Miracle was a forward lateral)

Again, what do the Bills have to do with flacco the Ravens or the broncos? Nothing. I know what you're trying to do, it's not working.
  • Wow I’m excited I didn’t wind up wasting a 3rd round rookie pick on Lamar. There was a point when I decided I wasn’t going to keep him and now he’s basically my cheap 2nd backup QB. I might still trade him but now that Flacco is out of the way it raises Lamar’s perceived value so at the very least he’s a throw-in.