fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

LeVeon Bell is Top 1-3, 4-6 or 7+ in 2019?

SmittySmitty Posts: 7,521
And maybe give your dynasty rank too?
- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• sludgejudgesludgejudge Posts: 617
    Right now 7+.... will probably drop to 4-6 depending on where he lands...
  • I definitely put him in 7+. Just off the top of my head, I could see him anywhere around 11-15.

• 7+ I agree it depends where he lands. If he was to sign with the Colts for example, with that offensive line.. I put him 4-6 but could flirt with top 3.

Colts would be a scary team with L. Bell
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,805
    It’s too hard to say without knowing his landing spot.... he could flirt with any of those numbers. I agree that the Colts could push him into the 1-5 range overall. Or, crazy world, the Chiefs bring him in to replace Hunt, I’d consider him #1 overall in that scenario (strongly doubt that happens though).
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,286
    I traded him away. Kind of on my "do not draft" list. But I guess if he signs a long-term contract he could go back to being top 5-10 for sure, if not better.
    D3: QB—Allen, BIGBEN, Mariota, Rudolph; RB—COHEN, EE, Gore, HENRY, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Jonnu, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Chark, Dorsett, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Perriman, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Watson; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS.
  • I have him in the 7 spot. Depending on the landing spot could move up to top 5.
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 570
    edited January 29
    SMFFCN said:

It’s too hard to say without knowing his landing spot.... he could flirt with any of those numbers. I agree that the Colts could push him into the 1-5 range overall. Or, crazy world, the Chiefs bring him in to replace Hunt, I’d consider him #1 overall in that scenario (strongly doubt that happens though).

I didn't even consider Chiefs... that would be a wet dream as well as him signing with the Colts. I don't know the Chiefs salary cap numbers off hand. I know the Colts have north of 110 million and the most in NFL
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
  • sludgejudgesludgejudge Posts: 617
    Agree with Bell skyrocketing to the top if he lands with the Chiefs, never thought of him going to KC either...
  • BashmanBashman Posts: 261
    Top 1-3 with Indy or KC; Top 4-6 with a team like Houston or TB; 7+ with a team like NYJ or Oakland...Landing spot is everything. As much as I'd love to see him sign with a team like Indy, I expect the NYJ to offer Bell the most money.
    10 Team IDP/PPR Dynasty League (19 Keepers plus 4 Taxi Squad Players)  Start:  1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 2 DL, 3 LB, 2 DB - Must cut rosters down to 19 Active & 4 TS during the off-season
    QB:  Newton, Watson   RB:  David Johnson, Bell, Ingram, AP, K. Johnson,Ware, Zenner WR: Hopkins, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Landry, Cook, Pettis TE:  Kelce, Howard, Brate PK: TBD    DL:  Dunlap, Hunter, JPP LB:  Mosley, E. Kendricks, Alexander, Martinez, Woodyard, J.Brown, E. Lee DB: Collins, Adams, R. Douglas, M. Thomas 
    Taxi:  Westbrook (WR), C. Godwin (WR), Washington (WR), Edmonds(RB)
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,218
    Interesting....

Le'Veon Bell RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
    According to the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta, "word on the street" is Le'Veon Bell ballooned to 260 pounds during his year away from football.

Bell's listed playing weight is 225. Bell had some body composition issues as a rookie but totally morphed himself ahead of Year 2 and has had no conditioning worries ever since. However, taking a year away from the game, partying in Miami, and not having to practice likely didn't do him any good. Odds are Bell has slimmed back down by now as he looks for a monster payday in free agency, but he's got some buyer beware marks against him. Bell is said to be looking for $48 million over the first three years of any contract he signs this offseason.
    Source: New York Daily News
    Feb 20, 2019, 3:47 PM
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,521
    “The street” lol
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • "The street" in Pittsburgh, lol
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • "The street" in Pittsburgh, lol

exactly!! LMAO

• IcemanIceman Posts: 4,218

Le'Veon Bell RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Le'Veon Bell's trainer called reports that claimed Bell was 260 pounds "laughable."

His trainer was adamant that Bell remains in elite shape and pointed to his freshness as a positive over other impending free agent running backs. While that's true, some teams will be skeptical about signing a player who sat out one of his prime years, especially since Bell had a weight issue going into the NFL. Likely close to his 225 playing weight, Bell is said to be eyeing $48 million over the first three years of his next contract.
    Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Feb 21, 2019, 7:31 PM
  • Wonder what I could sell him for.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • Took a year off his prime years, one way or another he’s gonna regret that. All for probably an extra year of guaranteed money. He’s gonna learn the hard way just how poorly RBs are viewed in the NFL.
  • Took a year off his prime years, one way or another he’s gonna regret that. All for probably an extra year of guaranteed money. He’s gonna learn the hard way just how poorly RBs are viewed in the NFL.

Meh - he may have extended his career by 2-3 years because of that 1 full season recovery period.

• SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,805
    edited February 23

Took a year off his prime years, one way or another he’s gonna regret that. All for probably an extra year of guaranteed money. He’s gonna learn the hard way just how poorly RBs are viewed in the NFL.

Meh - he may have extended his career by 2-3 years because of that 1 full season recovery period.
    I tend to agree. He was getting used at an alarming rate in PIT and they would have done it again had he signed the franchise tender. I think taking a year to reset and not get abused was a good thing for him physically and will, as Guinness said, extend his career. That said, I don't think he's going to get the payday he's looking for..... it will be a large deal but not the numbers he's trying to get.
  • So Gurley has the same usage rate and is younger but somehow he’s gonna bust but not an older RB who hasn’t played in a year?? Lol
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,227

Took a year off his prime years, one way or another he’s gonna regret that. All for probably an extra year of guaranteed money. He’s gonna learn the hard way just how poorly RBs are viewed in the NFL.

I concur, the year off to recover may extend his legs and have given him some recovery time.... Bell had a huge work load, the same stuff the @Smitty is saying now about Gurley, and a full year off from taking hits, not recovering fully from the deep muscle bruised and slight ankle twists and knee twists that have to happen every single week - well tha'ts gotta be something to look at IMO