fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

KHunt offer...

CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,243
I’ve been approached by one owner several times about Hunt.... he’s currently offered his ‘20 1st for Hunt. I told him no and he said he was shocked by that. What do you guys think?

It’s dynasty ppr and I have the RB depth where I don’t feel like I have to make a move unless it’s worth it. Roster below... what do you think?

ARod, Dalton, Foles
Conner, DJ, KJohnson, DWilliams (KC), Ekeler, Ware, DLewis, Edwards, CEdmonds
MT, Julio, Woods, Edelman, Godwin, Snead
Herndon, Doyle

Comments

• Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,654
    Hunt will most likely be suspended most if not all of the 2019 season and will then have to go though reinstatement with the NFL. So, the earliest he will see action is probably 2020 and his value would really depend on what team takes a shot on him. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is pretty tough to put a value on him at this moment with so much uncertainty surrounding him. With your depth, you could hold but if you got an offer that helps you now, it's worth pulling the trigger IMO.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,687

Hunt will most likely be suspended most if not all of the 2019 season and will then have to go though reinstatement with the NFL. So, the earliest he will see action is probably 2020 and his value would really depend on what team takes a shot on him. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is pretty tough to put a value on him at this moment with so much uncertainty surrounding him. With your depth, you could hold but if you got an offer that helps you now, it's worth pulling the trigger IMO.

This.
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Cain, Dorsett, Perriman
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald, Waller
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,243
    Yeah, but does a ‘20 1st help me now? In your opinion
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,900
    edited January 17
    I would trade him for a 1st

I don't see hunt playing until 2020. Will he stay in shape? Where will he play? Will he be a huge stud outside of KC?
  • I’m on the other side. I think Hunt plays at least 8 games in 2019 (barring injury). He is a difference maker on the field and worth waiting for. A mid-1st is not enough for me.

CoolHand said:

Yeah, but does a ‘20 1st help me now? In your opinion

As I stated above.... I would move him for something that helps you now IMO.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

I’m on the other side. I think Hunt plays at least 8 games in 2019 (barring injury). He is a difference maker on the field and worth waiting for. A mid-1st is not enough for me.

So you think he's only getting an 8 game suspension in 2019?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,473
    Hunt can be anywhere from the Ray Rice (quietly banned by owners) to the Mixon (we'll let that one slide as it was a while back)....

could be 2-4-8-16 games, could linger into 2020, could be a career ender..... Its anyone's guess with Goodell in the commish office?!?!?
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,958
    I own Hunt on some teams & I might take a 1st for him. Depends on my other RB depth. I think he gets signed in the off-season & sits out 6 games. Something is wrong if he gets blackballed
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 8,240
    Honesty guys, tell me one good bit of publicity the NFL would get by banning him less than a full season? Will fans be upset if banned the year? Yes, those that aren’t taking a hardline stance on what he did. But the NFL gains ZERO by letting him play too soon. I predict it’s a full year then a re-evaluation...
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,221
    Smitty said:

Honesty guys, tell me one good bit of publicity the NFL would get by banning him less than a full season? Will fans be upset if banned the year? Yes, those that aren’t taking a hardline stance on what he did. But the NFL gains ZERO by letting him play too soon. I predict it’s a full year then a re-evaluation...

It's really unfair to Hunt when they basically already banned him half this year, by placing him on the commissioner exempt list.
    Xtreme said:

Smitty said:

It's really unfair to Hunt when they basically already banned him half this year, by placing him on the commissioner exempt list.
    Except it was only 5 games

Being on commissioner exempt you still get paid and it doesn't count towards ban

He's also facing suspension for a 2nd incident
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,221
    It was 6 weeks of regular season plus playoffs. But whatever the case, the video is stupid. He shoves her a little. Shoves the guy quite a bit, who falls into her and causes her to fall. And the "kick"??? Give me a break. If he gets a year ban, I may seriously consider switching back to following NCAA and just be done with the NFL.
    Xtreme said:

It was 6 weeks of regular season plus playoffs. But whatever the case, the video is stupid. He shoves her a little. Shoves the guy quite a bit, who falls into her and causes her to fall. And the "kick"??? Give me a break. If he gets a year ban, I may seriously consider switching back to following NCAA and just be done with the NFL.

I'm not disagreeing about how severe it was, but this is what the NFL does now.

Also it was 5 regular season games
  • I’m on the other side. I think Hunt plays at least 8 games in 2019 (barring injury). He is a difference maker on the field and worth waiting for. A mid-1st is not enough for me.

At most (on top of the 5 regular season plus playoff games from this year)

• farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,477
    Let me preface this by saying under no circumstance should a man place hands on women in any heated exchange. Watching the video I really didn't have the same OMG feeling as watching the ray Rice video and when the news broke I was actually expecting more bad then I saw. They just don't feel like the same situation. But. By definition he assaulted a female. Not good. I agree with godfather and feel he sits year. PR best case and worst case scenarios playing out dictates him sitting in my opinion. Everyone loves 2nd chance stories but you'd think the NFL would just want hunt to go away.

Smitty said:

@Smitty this said, would you trade him for a late ‘20 1st? Or would it have to be more?

What do you other guys think? Hold or sell in this case?

I’m on the other side. I think Hunt plays at least 8 games in 2019 (barring injury). He is a difference maker on the field and worth waiting for. A mid-1st is not enough for me.

At most (on top of the 5 regular season plus playoff games from this year)
    But those 5 games are not him being suspended. He got paid for those 5 games while he was on the Commish Exempt List.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,598
    Thanks @lukeb5301 & @Whos_Ur_Doggie, did not think he got paid because he was cut first by the Chiefs.... learned something else today.
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,332
    I didn't think he was paid either. However, I don't see him being out the whole season. I think with the news of the Bears talking to him hasn't really seemed to create a bunch of buzz, which might have been the reasoning behind a team saying they talked to him, to see how much of a backlash it would be.
    QB: Cousins, Jackson Bortles, Dalton
    RB: Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Ware, Breida
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, Golladay, DT, Crabtree, Agholor, Higgins , Moncrief
    TE: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ, Kittle
    DST: LA Rams

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
    Iceman said:

Thanks @lukeb5301 & @Whos_Ur_Doggie, did not think he got paid because he was cut first by the Chiefs.... learned something else today.

Yah forgot about him being cut so yah he didn't get paid. But either way being on exempt list doesn't count towards suspension as a player would normally be paid for it
    edited January 17
    lukeb5301 said:

Iceman said:

Yah forgot about him being cut so yah he didn't get paid. But either way being on exempt list doesn't count towards suspension as a player would normally be paid for it
    Yep, I too failed to think about his release from the Chiefs, lol. I just read an article that stated Hunt lost salary in the amount of $135,353.00 when they released him. That said, his suspension hasn't even began and I believe he won't play in 2019.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    So by all of this, I’m thinking that most of you would move Hunt for a future 1st?? I’m not saying that’s what I am going to do but when I told the other owner no, he started questioning a bunch of stuff so I wanted to see what you guys thought on it.
    If you think that 1st helps you, I would very much consider it. That said, would he move a player that would help you now?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

If you think that 1st helps you, I would very much consider it. That said, would he move a player that would help you now?

Nobody of value.... anytime we discussed adding more, he wanted to add a bigger piece on my side (MT or Godwin)
    CoolHand said:

Nobody of value.... anytime we discussed adding more, he wanted to add a bigger piece on my side (MT or Godwin)
    LOL.... move on.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

CoolHand said:

LOL.... move on.
    Yeah, exactly my thoughts as well.... it’s just hard to gauge his value right now.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,598
    Jan 17th..... no rush, I have Hunt on several teams and at this point am waiting to see what I might get for a 2019 1st, willing to add an upside guy to get an early 1st, time will tell. I do agree with @smitty, doubt we see him much if at all in 2019.
    Iceman said:

Jan 17th..... no rush, I have Hunt on several teams and at this point am waiting to see what I might get for a 2019 1st, willing to add an upside guy to get an early 1st, time will tell. I do agree with @smitty, doubt we see him much if at all in 2019.

Then some team will have to take a leap of faith to sign him.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,878
    edited January 18
    Personally, I'd take a 2020 1st for him straight up.

I don't think Hunt was a bad RB by any means, but I do think he was a "good" RB that landed in an elite offensive situation (see undrafted, hadn't done much before, Damien Williams). I'm also in the mindset that we won't see much, if any, of Hunt in 2019.... so if/when he does return it will most likely be on a poor team desperate for any type of offensive play maker and willing to absorb any type of PR drama that comes with the signing.

EDIT: Also, with gaining an additional 2020 1st you may be able to better position yourself in this years or next years draft via trade with your new draft collateral.