fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2018 fantasy football articles, predictions, sleepers fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Due to upgrades, you MAY need to RESET YOUR PASSWORD in order to login. Email Me if having issues!

Will Kareem Hunt play in 2019?

- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• Awesome video. Does make sense for the owners to make a statement out of him. Young prime player, that doesn’t get picked up after such incident? I could see that happening.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,063
    Thx buddy. Yeah I mean I think he gets a shot but no one wants the PR now and Goodell could sit on taking him off the list for a year.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,163
    maybe, but he's got a lot of hurdles ahead to get near the field -
    1, Roger Goodell will likely have him on the exempt list for the entire 2018 and most of the offseason as there is no rush to figure out a suspension 6-16 game limit for a while.

2, what bally owner is going to want to take on the 'current hot mess' guy in the NFL?

3, Ray Rice's career eneded for a somewhat similar video.

4, he does have great talent, some owner will want that on the field and winning games for them and be willing to take all of the above on for a shot at winning games and selling seats. Just on this alone I say he plays, eventually, but my call is not until 2020 with a full 16 game sit down, which may end up like Josh Gordon, informed and public announcement that he is on his final warning when he returns and will get a life ban if he does anything to further embarrass the shield again
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,302
    don't understand why he should be suspended next year if they're not allowing him to play again this year. just suspend him this year without pay.
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 3,989
    DAX said:

don't understand why he should be suspended next year if they're not allowing him to play again this year. just suspend him this year without pay.

^this...and I can't believe people are still comparing this video to Ray Rice's video...not even close.
  • “That’s not me in the video”

Um- yes it is actually........that is you in the video. He probably should have started by apologizing to the girl first.
    It will blow over & he will be on a team in the near future thou. Jim Brown, Walter Payton & Oj did far worse abuse to women
  • Joe Mixon got his shot and people forgot about his issues. Hunt will be back after a 6 game suspension in 2019 (on top of not playing in 2018).

• The question is which team pulls the trigger and has the guts to do so? At some point teams will start to blacklist players that are caught with domestic violence, especially on video. It’s just not worth losing fan base.
  • It sickens me to say this, but the small fan base they lose from bringing on a player like Hunt will more than be made up for by the fans returning/coming in new because of the winning Hunt brings to the team.

As a GM - I would probably pick him up in 2 weeks after the initial disgust had passed.

• DAXDAX Posts: 1,302
    ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the NFL is taking into account three separate off-the-field incidents as it considers how long free agent Kareem Hunt's suspension will be.
    The NFL is investigating Hunt's February altercation with a woman that led to his release from the Chiefs as well as a June incident with a man and a previously undisclosed incident from January. Per Graziano, the January and June incidents are the "types of aggravating factors that can lead the league to impose a suspension longer than the six-game baseline." Hunt's 2018 suspension is going to spill over deep into 2019.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,216
    Yeah I would think that he'll be playing after a 6 or 8 game suspension next year with somebody.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,043
    edited December 2018
    Hunt has been removed from the Madden 19 video game.

Kareem Hunt's out of the NFL -- and the virtual NFL too -- because EA Sports says the running back is being removed from the Madden 19 video game. 
    After TMZ Sports posted footage of the former Kansas City Chiefs player attacking a woman in a Cleveland hotel during an incident in February, the video game company says it made the decision to pull Hunt from the game. 
    "We are in the process of removing Kareem Hunt from the Madden NFL 19 roster, Madden Overdrive and Madden Ultimate Team," a rep for EA Sports tells TMZ Sports. 
    "Any of our players who currently have Hunt on their Ultimate Team will receive a replacement generic player with identical stats."
    Hunt was cut by the Chiefs on Friday and was not claimed by any other NFL team when he hit the waiver wire. Now, he's a free agent but it doesn't appear any teams are actively trying to sign him.
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,288
    the PC culture is very sad. I'd probably sue EA Sports if I owned Madden.
    QB: Cousins, Jackson Bortles, Dalton
    RB: Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Ware, Breida
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, Golladay, DT, Crabtree, Agholor, Higgins , Moncrief
    TE: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ, Kittle
    DST: LA Rams

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 3,989
    The media has blown this way out of proportion. He shoves her a little, shoves a guy quite a bit (and the guys ends up being shoved into the woman, knocking her down), and his "kick" was supposedly a brutal attack. If he gets the Ray Rice treatment for this, I'll likely make my wife very happy by never following or watching the NFL again...which would also unfortunately include never playing fantasy football again.
  • thats Xtreme. The PR & blackballing is getting out of hand. NFL is more worried about Donald Trump than putting out a good product & protecting their players rights.

La'el Collins still takes the cake for me. Gets accused & had nothing to do w the incident so the league blackballs him from getting drafted. Would have been a 1st rounder. SO pissed the Broncos didn't pick him in any round that year.......he gets cleared & the Cowboys sign him to a FA deal. How can you not take a flier pick on a talent like that?? Its b/c the league didn't want the backlash. Its become a soft league.

C Sutton got flagged last week for hitting a defenseless defensive player when he was around the ball. Defenseless because he was looking @ the ball carrier not the guy coming to block him. Put flags on these guys & move on.
  • georgegeorge Posts: 362
    The Broncos are scared of upsetting anyone in the NFL front office. Joe Ellis and crew don't want ownership made an issue.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,731
    Just read that Nagy (bears coach) said he talked to Hunt on the phone to see how he was doing. Said he would not rule out signing him. Nagy was Hunts Oc last year 17’ season in Kc.

That would be a great landing spot for Hunt
  • Just read that Nagy (bears coach) said he talked to Hunt on the phone to see how he was doing. Said he would not rule out signing him. Nagy was Hunts Oc last year 17’ season in Kc.

I agree. With the defense and a solid running back in place, would be a great fit in a Chicago. Would love to see this happen.
  • Just read that Nagy (bears coach) said he talked to Hunt on the phone to see how he was doing. Said he would not rule out signing him. Nagy was Hunts Oc last year 17’ season in Kc.

I disagree. With Howard and Cohen already there, I think that would be one of the worst landing spots for him.

• chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,113

Just read that Nagy (bears coach) said he talked to Hunt on the phone to see how he was doing. Said he would not rule out signing him. Nagy was Hunts Oc last year 17’ season in Kc.

I disagree. With Howard and Cohen already there, I think that would be one of the worst landing spots for him.
    Spoken like a Cohen owner
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz

Spoken like a Cohen owner
    lol - true

• OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,731
    well Howard wasn't exactly terrific.

Cohen is a different kind of back. Sure they could use a bellcow & still use Cohen.
  • well Howard wasn't exactly terrific.

I believe it’s because they were in an RBBC. Can you imagine if they brought in Hunt? Good for the Bears bad for FF!