fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2018 fantasy football player pages 2018 fantasy football articles, predictions, sleepers fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Due to upgrades, you MAY need to RESET YOUR PASSWORD in order to login. Email Me if having issues!

iPhone X models - need opinions

CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,566
Hey guys, looking to upgrade tomorrow (provider & phone) and I’m debating between getting the iPhone XR or iPhone 8. I came across an article that Apple started a repair program for the X’s bc of some issue with the screen but it’s only if your phone is affected. I also read that the company that made the facial recognition had to scale back there 4th quarter sales projections by a considerable amount. So not sure if there’s a big problem with the newer phones or Apple is being somewhat proactive bc of issues that some users. So my question is, any iPhone X users on here and what’s your experience with it (any X model)?

Comments

• DonDon Posts: 5,317
    I have the X. I’ve been iPhone since 1st gen. This will be my last one. Gonna make the hard switch to Android format next time.
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,652
    edited November 16
    I usually upgraded my iPhone yearly, but stuck with the iPhone 7 Plus for quite a while. Sadly I dropped it last week and messed something up internally (battery related). Upgraded to the iPhone Xs Max and I love it! I was suspect of the Face ID part but it works flawlessly so far. Not a lot of use in relation to your question, but what I've seen so far is impressive and easy to use.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,566
    Don said:

I have the X. I’ve been iPhone since 1st gen. This will be my last one. Gonna make the hard switch to Android format next time.

Any particular reason why @don ?

I’ve read that the iPhone X is the worst of the 3. Many articles & reviews I’ve read give the Xs Max the top review of the 3. A friend of mine just told me he has the X and loves it. I always research the crap out of this stuff and I can’t stand the thought of spending that much for a phone but all of the newer stuff is around that price... crazy!
  • TBLTBL Posts: 614
    Don said:

I was a die hard Android user a couple years back. went with the iPhone 7 plus 2 years ago and I will never go back to Android. My 7 plus ladted me the full 2 years and I coulda went longer. With Android, I could barely get a year out of it before the “software issues” would start and the battery life would go to shit.

As for the 8 plus vs XR, I just went to the XR from the 7 plus and I love it. Only a few things different to get used to, like no home button, but I had it 2 weeks and im already used to it. My wife has the 8 plus and its no different then the 7 really. My vote is for the XR Cool Hand
    Only reason I haven’t already switched is I’m used to iPhone and don’t want to relearn how to use an android. Over the last several years iPhone’s technology advances have trailed. The best thing about iPhone is it’s very user friendly. Its a good phone obviously, but from what I’ve heard from friends i’ll Be switching to google pixel or something else a few years from now. After dropping $1100 on this phone I’m pot committed for a while. When the phone first rolled out there were a lot of glitches, but the updates have fixed most. Although be careful not to update until users have reviewed the update, because it almost always has glitches right away in my experience. Oh my face recognition has problems within the phone for password verification. Just opening the phone isn’t a problem. On a side note, also gonna switch form AT&T to Verizon next time and get a better signup bonus
    Yeah, all good points. I’ve had both and used to be anti-Apple but have since gave in and my current phone (5s) was my first iPhone and I must say that I like it more than any of the android & blackberry phones I had in the past (had to through the B.B. in there, haha).
    I think I’m going to give the XR a try and see what happens within my 30 days of switching... if I don’t like it, I’ll drop back to the iPhone 8 or maybe back to Android. Thanks again!
  • buckysGTbuckysGT Posts: 1,949
    edited November 17
    I started out with android quite a few years back and had nothing but problems. Had the android phone warrantied 4 times within a year. Absolutely hated it. Switched to the iPhone 4 and that phone was still running and working well when the 7’s came out. I could have got another year out of it but the new phones were really intriguing to me. Got the 7 plus and have had nothing but great success. The X models have me thinking of upgrading, but at a grand plus, I can’t justify getting rid of my 7 plus that’s still working great. I will take something earth shattering for me to go back to an android.
    Ended up going with the XR. Will see how it goes.

That said, anyone know if it’s an issue using a backup from the iPhone 5s to the XR (by using a recent iTunes backup)? I don't want to lose any functionality.
    CoolHand said:

That said, anyone know if it’s an issue using a backup from the iPhone 5s to the XR (by using a recent iTunes backup)? I don't want to lose any functionality.

I think you're going to be very content. From what I've been reading, and watching on YouTube, the XR is just as good as the XS and in some regards better.... plus it's a good bit less expensive.
  • I upgraded a while back after having a kid and wanting the better camera to capture moments. Best money spent in a while.
    Leader of the nation of domination. 
    SMFFCN said:

CoolHand said:

I think you're going to be very content. From what I've been reading, and watching on YouTube, the XR is just as good as the XS and in some regards better.... plus it's a good bit less expensive.
    Yeah, so far so good. Only part that I’m not fond of right now is the size. Coming from a 5s, I do prefer the smaller size screen for a phone for reasons such as fitting in a pants pocket. But it’ll just take some time getting used to. Just ordered a case this morning along with doing apple care so off I go. 😁

I upgraded a while back after having a kid and wanting the better camera to capture moments. Best money spent in a while.

Haven’t used the camera yet to see how much better it was but that said, we always used my wife’s iPhone 7 over my 5s for pics bc it was so much better.
    Personally, I hated the large screen for about a week or so when I had moved to the 6 Plus.... or maybe 7 Plus? However, after having all of that real estate on a phone I could never go back to a smaller screen.
  • buckysGTbuckysGT Posts: 1,949
    It won’t take long to get use to. I have the 7 plus, my wife has the 7. I pick up her phone and I hate how small it is. You’ll love the bigger screen once you’re use to it
    I also went from a 5s to the X. Yes it took a while to get used to the bigger phone and how it felt gripped in the hand, but it’s quite normal now and a lot of phones out there are bigger. Only took me about half a day to get used to no home button
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 9,329
    I bought my wife the X in July, now i'm hearing it has screen issues that may be recalled. I believe the Xs is a much better upgrade. I'm a Samsung guy so I don't deal with the headaches.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

I bought my wife the X in July, now i'm hearing it has screen issues that may be recalled. I believe the Xs is a much better upgrade. I'm a Samsung guy so I don't deal with the headaches.

If i understand it right, that’s only if you’re currently experiencing issues.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 9,329
    CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

Thankfully she is not. Phones are just to damn expensive nowadays.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

CoolHand said:

WTCM said:

Thankfully she is not. Phones are just to damn expensive nowadays.
    You got that right!! I previously said I wouldn’t spend that much on a phone but they’re all around that price now. Thankfully xfinity mobile has a promo right now where you get a $200 visa prepaid card for each line you open and buy a phone (only certain models apply).
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,732
    One Plus 6t >>>
  • I had 2-6 S’s that kept freezing up on me. 1st one was replaced w some credit but not full. Then 2nd one was freezing up but got pushed into a pool which sealed that ones fate.

Now have the 8S I think. I can’t keep track of all the models. I didn’t want to 10 because it doesn’t have the home button. I hate change...

I had 2-6 S’s that kept freezing up on me. 1st one was replaced w some credit but not full. Then 2nd one was freezing up but got pushed into a pool which sealed that ones fate.

Now have the 8S I think. I can’t keep track of all the models. I didn’t want to 10 because it doesn’t have the home button. I hate change...

Face recognition is pretty awesome. Can also still enter a 6 digit passcode as well.