fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football articles, predictions, sleepers fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Anybody ever play this board game... NFL Strategy?

I had two friends with whom I played this game for hours upon hours and kept spiral bound notebooks of game statistics. Fortunately the guy's wives were close friends of my wife. We used to make the wives settle disputes about where the spring loaded game (red and white) ball landed. 

I still have my game that I bought in the 70's and probably some of the books of stats. Haven't played it for years and those two guys have moved away. But, thinking about introducing it to one of the team owners that plays in the two leagues that I manage.

Both Leagues - Start  QB  RB  RB/WR  WR  WR/TE  TE  K  DST  All TD = 6  Pass Yd = .04  Rush-Rec Yd = .10 No-PPR  No Bonuses
10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3)  10 Team Dynasty
QB - R,Wilson QB - Luck, R.Wilson, D.Carr, Foles
RB - Zeke, Gordon, Fournette, Lynch, D.Cook, A.Jones, Mack, Foreman, Carson, Booker,
RB - Zeke, David Johnson, L.Bell, Kamara, AP, Foreman, Lynch, A.Jones,            P.Barber, Clement E. McGuire P.Barber, Clement
WR - M.Thomas WR - Hopkins, AJG, M.Thomas, B.Cooks, M.Williams, Godwin, A.Hurns
TE - NONE (off season) TE - Gronk, OJ Howard, Brate, R.Seals-Jones
DST - Ravens   DST - Ravens, Vikings
K - None (off season)    K - Lutz
1.03, 2.03, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09 

Comments

• chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 3,508
    I had season tickets to the St. Louis Football Cardinals with those two guys. That was back from 1971 through 1987.
      Both Leagues - Start  QB  RB  RB/WR  WR  WR/TE  TE  K  DST  All TD = 6  Pass Yd = .04  Rush-Rec Yd = .10 No-PPR  No Bonuses
    RB - Zeke, Gordon, Fournette, Lynch, D.Cook, A.Jones, Mack, Foreman, Carson, Booker,
    RB - Zeke, David Johnson, L.Bell, Kamara, AP, Foreman, Lynch, A.Jones,            P.Barber, Clement E. McGuire P.Barber, Clement
  • Never heard of it, but it sounds pretty cool!

• XXXQB12 Posts: 105

Never heard of it, but it sounds pretty cool!

Although I spend many hours in jr high and high school playing Strat-O-Matic football and baseball, ahh to go back in time when life was truly fun.
    XXXQB12 said:

Although I spend many hours in jr high and high school playing Strat-O-Matic football and baseball, ahh to go back in time when life was truly fun.
    I never had the chance to play Strat-O-Matic Baseball. Always heard it was the best. Did not know there was a football version.

XXXQB12 said:

I never had the chance to play Strat-O-Matic Baseball. Always heard it was the best. Did not know there was a football version.
    Just did a search, apparently they still make it, seen where they have hockey too.
    edited January 8
    XXXQB12 said:

XXXQB12 said:

Just did a search, apparently they still make it, seen where they have hockey too.
    For hockey this was always my favorite. I had something very similar. Spent a lot of time on my own game and even more time when I was in high school on a neighbor kid's game some 50 years ago.

These were cool too, but, out of my price range

XXXQB12 said:

XXXQB12 said:

For hockey this was always my favorite. I had something very similar. Spent a lot of time on my own game and even more time when I was in high school on a neighbor kid's game some 50 years ago.

These were cool too, but, out of my price range

Have never been a hockey fan, but had a earlier version of the first one and did enjoy playing it.
  • CoolHand Posts: 5,491
    Heck yeah, I remember playing my dads version of the first one!! Bringing back some lost memories!
    CoolHand said:

Heck yeah, I remember playing my dads version of the first one!! Bringing back some lost memories!

NFL Strategy? @CoolHand
  • CoolHand Posts: 5,491

CoolHand said:

NFL Strategy? @CoolHand
    Oh... no, the first hockey game that QB posted... but his was much older and if I remember right, it was all metal.
    edited January 8
    CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

NFL Strategy? @CoolHand
    Oh... no, the first hockey game that QB posted... but his was much older and if I remember right, it was all metal.
    Yup. Mine was too, except for the playing surface, the plexiglass behind the goals and the center ice scoreboad that also dropped the puck for faceoffs, never tairly mind you.

But the men and the rods and gears and sides were all metal
    The gear driven games were much better than the ones that used springs
  • Metal skaters ruled...also Minnesota north stars were awesome. Bruins fan here.

The same era football game was cool, to a point. Remember attempting my first pass...what a let down.
    2017 NCAA sleeperu bracket winner. Changing lives one keystroke at a time.
    edited January 8

Metal skaters ruled...also Minnesota north stars were awesome. Bruins fan here.

The same era football game was cool, to a point. Remember attempting my first pass...what a let down.

Are you talking about the vibrating football game? Yup... had one of those too! Mine had the triple feature QB that could run, pass and kick.
  • How dissapointed I was passing lol.

How dissapointed I was passing lol.

Yup. My game had footballs made of felt with a split on one end to go around the QBs hand.

We would set up the play using a piece of cardboard at the line of scrimmage to hide the offense and defense. The after turning on the vibrator fkr a bit we would stop the action to pass. If the ball hit the receiver it was a completed pass. Then each team got to change the direction of some players and the vibrator was turned on again.
  • Exact game, good idea with cardboard. We play till a point, then turn it up and watch everyone fall over.
    Even so  :))