fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football articles, predictions, sleepers fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Jon Gruden to the Raiders

chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 3,321
  Both Leagues - Start  QB  RB  RB/WR  WR  WR/TE  TE  K  DST  All TD = 6  Pass Yd = .04  Rush-Rec Yd = .10 No-PPR  No Bonuses
10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3)  10 Team Dynasty
QB - R,Wilson QB - Luck, R.Wilson, D.Carr, Foles
RB - Zeke, Gordon, Fournette, Lynch, M.Davis, D.Cook, Foreman, A.Jones, Brieda, Foreman, Carson
RB - Zeke, David Johnson, L.Bell, Kamara, AP, Foreman, Lynch, L.Murray, A.Jones, P.Barber
WR - M.Thomas, B.Cooks WR - Hopkins, AJG, M.Thomas, Dez, B.Cooks, M.Jones, W.Fuller, M.Williams, Godwin
TE - NONE (off season) TE - Gronk, Witten
DST - Ravens   DST - Ravens, Vikes
K - None (off season)    K - Lutz

Comments

• CoolHand Posts: 5,292
    edited January 6
    Days like this make me want to say I’m still a Raiders fan. Side note: I used to root for the Raiders and Niners growing up... the days of Rich Gannon and Mike Hostetler, Bo Jackson, Tim Brown, Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott, Montana, Craig, Rice, etc. I haven’t truly rooted for a specific team such as the Raiders for a long time... basically since I really got into fantasy football. I found it hard rooting for my team and rooting for my players who might have been on the other side of the ball.
    Always loved watching the Raiders vs Broncos game too... man, those were the days!
  • MVPMVP Posts: 237
    edited January 6
    Vastly over rated coach. He's a superb analyst, but his past 7 years he was a mere .500 coach. Tony Dungy built the Bucs as a Super Bowl team and Gruden basically stole the ring. Tony Romo is great on camera and has a tremendous feel for the game also, is he a 100 million dollar QB? And for 10 years? I think Derek Carr will be on the outs very soon. He's getting a team that's arrow is pointing down. Good luck in Vegas. 
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 3,321
    I am with you CH. I started playing FF in 2004 and it only took me a few weeks to figure out fhat my fatasy team (only 1 at that time) meant more to me than the Rams who were still worth watching back then.

It wasn't until 2005 that I could start my guys against the Rams. First one I remembet was Fragile Fred Taylor when he came to town and pug a beat down on the Rams to the tune of about 120 yards and 1 or 2 TDs. Ya.... I rooted for Fred WANTONLY!

So... does Derek Carr return to form under Gruden?
      Both Leagues - Start  QB  RB  RB/WR  WR  WR/TE  TE  K  DST  All TD = 6  Pass Yd = .04  Rush-Rec Yd = .10 No-PPR  No Bonuses
    RB - Zeke, Gordon, Fournette, Lynch, M.Davis, D.Cook, Foreman, A.Jones, Brieda, Foreman, Carson
    RB - Zeke, David Johnson, L.Bell, Kamara, AP, Foreman, Lynch, L.Murray, A.Jones, P.Barber
    WR - M.Thomas, B.Cooks WR - Hopkins, AJG, M.Thomas, Dez, B.Cooks, M.Jones, W.Fuller, M.Williams, Godwin
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,106
    I'd rather he went to Denver- but this is good news for the Raiders & Nfl.

Can't wait to go to road game in Vegas vs Denver
  • I am for one glad he not on the air, I hate his takes more his voice and delivery. Naturally I now root against raiders
    2017 NCAA sleeperu bracket winner. Changing lives one keystroke at a time.
  • emurrell17emurrell17 Posts: 2,772

I am for one glad he not on the air, I hate his takes more his voice and delivery. Naturally I now root against raiders

Gruden was the best commentator in the game before romo
  • I am for one glad he not on the air, I hate his takes more his voice and delivery. Naturally I now root against raiders

I agree 100%

I am for one glad he not on the air, I hate his takes more his voice and delivery. Naturally I now root against raiders

I agree 100%
    He definitely lost some points with me when he was pounding the table for people to draft johnny manziel though...love the guy but that one stings
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 2,123
    I totally disagree with Gruden being the best commetator in the game! He made every player like they were the best in the game. I don't like overly nice nothing bad to say kind of people what so ever. Especially when it comes to football. He never wanted to step on anyone's toes nor did he want to burn any bridges with anyone. Well it looks like taking that approach finally paid off.
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    swampies said:

I totally disagree with Gruden being the best commetator in the game! He made every player like they were the best in the game. I don't like overly nice nothing bad to say kind of people what so ever. Especially when it comes to football. He never wanted to step on anyone's toes nor did he want to burn any bridges with anyone. Well it looks like taking that approach finally paid off.

BUT @swampies... I think that you are by far the best moderator on the board, and besides Smitty the most knowledgeable fantasy football mind and talent evaluator at the site. Plus you're an all around good dude and it is my priviledge to be in the same universe with you... okay to continue :D
    swampies said:

You didn't like him because he was positive? Lmao I think he just didn't talk about the people he didn't like.

Plus, how can you blame an entertainer for giving the people what they want? Nobody wants to tune into a broadcast and hear "yeah this is a pretty mediocre game with no real good players on either team". Nobody would watch.
    No disrespect intended swamps \m/
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 2,433
    He was enamored with Carr during his qb coach segment so we'll see if he still has that loving feeling. Imo he may be a better coach this time around. If nothing else his offense should be crazy. He's been looking at all the offenses from 10000 feet up for his entire broadcaster stint and can implement a strategy based on player ability. Should be fun to watch. Or, he'll be Chucky and be gone in 3 years.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U

swampies said:

You didn't like him because he was positive? Lmao I think he just didn't talk about the people he didn't like.

Plus, how can you blame an entertainer for giving the people what they want? Nobody wants to tune into a broadcast and hear "yeah this is a pretty mediocre game with no real good players on either team". Nobody would watch.

No disrespect intended swamps \m/

Non taken what’s so ever, it’s all about having our opinions, right? I just think Gruden is better off coaching football than talking about football. I do love how Romo has taken his new job to another level though. Very refreshing to hear imo

Very funny @chuckeycharles I caught that!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    :D :D :D
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,106
    Spider2 Y Banana

• CoolHand Posts: 5,292

Spider2 Y Banana

=))
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 2,433

Spider2 Y Banana

exactly  :D
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
    edited January 10
    Probably will be his first play too ! Lol
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    He's just a goofball man. If he's winning and your a fan you'd probably love him to death. If he's losing it probably makes it even worse :))