fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football odell beckham sketch fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Time to drop Watkins or Bryant?

Smitty has him fairly high yet in the rankings.  I'm just not seeing it at all.  If Corey Davis is active this week I will likely have to drop Watkins or Doctson or Martavis Bryant or Golladay.  I saw this today on Doctson: 

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he plans to "actively expand" Josh Doctson's role.
"He didn’t get as many reps as I would like at the end of the day when you look at the numbers," Gruden said. "We have got to get him in there more and expand it." Doctson caught his second touchdown in three games on Sunday, but he played just 26 percent of the snaps. With both Terrelle Pryor and Jamison Crowder struggling to produce, it makes sense to get the sophomore more work. He is a solid bench stash in all leagues.

Comments

• CoolHand Posts: 5,013
    Tough decision there but I agree that it's between Watkins, Galloday, Doctson. Prob should be between the later two... gut feeling here imo.
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 3,044
    edited October 17
    Doctson is still the player of the four that I would drop if I had too in dynasty.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • jhein023 Posts: 23
    I see no light at the end of the tunnel right now with Watkins. 
    jhein023 said:

I see no light at the end of the tunnel right now with Watkins. 

It's dynasty and Watkins is in a walk year so who knows where he's playing in 2018.  Just food for thought......
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • jhein023 Posts: 23
    I can only keep 5 guys so not true dynasty.  Already have Hunt, Fournette, Kamara, Ajayi, M Thomas, Corey Davis, Golladay.  

I put this under the dynasty subject only because 5 man keeper doesn't really fall under another heading.
  • I would drop Bryant or Watkins with a slight lean towards Watkins.

The Steelers are struggling on offense and Ben will surely retire this offseason.

On the other hand, Watkins isn't lighting it up either and there's a reason the Bills got rid of him.
  • ffballgenius30 Posts: 1,569
    i don't think bills got rid of him because hes bad....Watkins (when healthy ONLY) has been a stud.  they didn't want to pay someone money with his injury history and liability.  I think Watkins still is in a new offense that hes getting used to, but I think whats bigger is when I see parts of the game...Goff barely looks in his direction, he looks for cup a lot.  I think Watkins needs an offense he will be featured in.  when he was healthy on bills he was fantastic

• dashocho Posts: 16
    I dropped Watkins. But I'm 2-4 and need that bench spot for some desperate wins. Don't have time to wait around on him. If you got a winning record and can wait and see, keep him, if not dump
    edited October 18
    dashocho said:

I dropped Watkins. But I'm 2-4 and need that bench spot for some desperate wins. Don't have time to wait around on him. If you got a winning record and can wait and see, keep him, if not dump

He's in a dynasty league where you need to be patient sometimes.  In redraft, I would agree with you but in dynasty I don't especially when he also owns Doctson.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator