fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football odell beckham sketch fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Any real stock market playas?

SmittySmitty Posts: 5,178
WDDD is a sleeper stock.. Worlds is a company that owns some tech but also has some patents around online gaming and it’s the kinda stock that could go from its current $0.03 to $1.00 or more. It could drop to $0.01 too though.

I’m no expert in stocks but I see some upside here. It’s very up and down as big investors jump in and out based on trial delays which can have it drop to $0.01, but news that’s good can vault it too. Just know it’s a long term hold until/if it pops on the patent stuff.
- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,115
    I'll check them out. I got very lucky many years ago with Apple back when they were around $12.54 or so a share but I haven't dabbled in the market much beyond that (stick to Roth IRAs and what not). 
  • Hawk12 Posts: 2,250
    I used to play stocks in my younger days, mostly stick to Roth IRAs and more stable plans now as I'm getting closer to 50...    I have won and lost on wild cards like this many times over, as I've aged I invest way more carefully now, at least I hope..... 

I have a gold mining company shares at about 0.04 (and I mean thousands and thousands of shares, so potential is there - they own land with good gold on it, bought the mining resources, have all the equipment needed, and gold prices dropped and they have not mined a damn thing in over  2 years).  That is an example of having a couple thousand bucks on a gamble stock that is not a "hold" until they mine and produce gold, which might be a few decades...  Or until they belly up, but maybe one day this gamble pays off

I also bought heavy into the internet penny stock around 1992-8, and I mean bought up everything that was dirt cheap hoping one or two would've hit big.   Funny as back then they sent you paper stock certificates, I could wall paper a room with garbage out of business stock certs, like a whole room..... 

But one did hit really big, and split like 5-8 times, and go to $100+/share and I made back piles of money that set me up with one lucky lightning strikes stock called Yahoo....yes Yahoo made me a couple hundred thousand by taking a risk at something like $10 a share and and buying a couple thousand shares, went to way over $120ish if I recall and after spillting a bunch I had an pile of money and sold to buy my 1st house and a rental property.... Got super duper lucky as that was about a year before the dot.com bubble burst and I was out with my money in real estate.  I got more lucky than good and could've lost everything, I think I put in like 25k in all kinda of useless internet stocks hoping I had a few winners..... 

Seriously, pure luck and I thought I had 20-30 winners and sold only 3 for anything near where I paid for them.  Had Yahoo missed, I woulda given away 25k or so of my hard earned money..... 
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 5,178
    WDDD is up 19% this morning (it can go up and down a bunch though)
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 5,178
    Back down to +3% lol it’s up and Down like I said
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Hawk12 Posts: 2,250
    hang on for a wild ride.... I looked at it, and it will be volatile, and that is how a bunch of pros and a few friends make some serious money' riding the upswing and sitting out the downswings.   Its a lot of metrics and serious time watching trade volumes as much as pricing from what a close friend tells me.  The volume changes by the second can indicate a large movement of stock from a pro and it tells him when to buy/sell..   

I don't know any more, I spend my spare time on here and other forums relaxing my mind instead of stressing it anymore