Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Moderators

JRMRRT
RabidBucFan
Swampies
Whos_Ur_Doggie
fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football odell beckham sketch fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

U: Zeke Elliott suspended 6 games; Grab Alfred Morris!

Comments

• wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 2,387
    whatever happened to the fotm guy that likes to run?
    QB: Winston, Bortles
    RB: Ajayi, Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Cohen, Carson Breida
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, DT, Crabtree, B Marshall,Agholor
    Te: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ

IR
    Ware
    Joe Williams
    Taxi
    Switzer
    Kittle
    Golladay
  • Kito31 Posts: 184
    Rod Smith, anyone?
    My Couch Pulls Out, But I Don't
    Scoring: 2 QB Non-PPR, Standard ESPN, 10 teams
    2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex (WR/RB/TE), K, DEF

QB: Big Ben, Brady, Bortles
    RB: Gurley, Hyde, Coleman, Martin
    WR: Cooks, Jeffrey, Diggs, D Adams, M Mitchell
    TE: Reed, Kelce
    K: Tucker
    DEF: Vikes
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,212
    edited October 12
    I’m still convinced it’s McFadden....

I thought Rod Smith but McFadden has already been used in the role and did pretty well
    I did grab Morris in almost all my leagues but thinking about McFadden as well
  • redzoneriesredzoneries Posts: 3,084
    I think you mean Grab rod smith
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 5,338
    I added Rod Smith as a possible guy in the article.. it’s gonna be Morris first but if he falters sure, it’s anyones shot.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • fdcookin Posts: 34
    I am thinking and hoping it is McFadden. I was reading and article about him having a similar skill set to Elliot, that is why he was inactive. It is a roll of the dice though.

He will also be appealing to the NY court that stayed Brady’s suspension and could end up playing the rest of the season!
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 3,085
    My bet is on DMac.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,652
    Dmac
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 7,835
    Kito31 said:

Rod Smith, anyone?

I'm with you
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • OK guys, convince me that rod Smith will play much in the next 4 games.
  • CoolHand Posts: 5,114
    Ha, just grabbed McFadden in my one league. Was surprised that he was still a FA
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 7,835

OK guys, convince me that rod Smith will play much in the next 4 games.

McFadden is glass and Morris is a poddler. Just like Chis Carson got his chance with the Hawks, Smith should get some touches.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • McFadden they are holding out so he doesn't get injured. Dmc should last 6-9 games.
    2017 NCAA sleeperu bracket winner. Changing lives one keystroke at a time.
  • DemigodrvaDemigodrva Posts: 216
    Hasn't dmac been inactive all games????
    QB - DakPrescott*
    RB - AdrianPeterson/DevonteFreeman/DannyWoodhead/SpencerWare*/TJYeldon*/TevinColeman*/JerickMckinnon*
    WR - KeenanAllen/LarryFitzgerald/MohamedSanu/KamarAiken*
    TE - JaredCook*
    K - (SCOTT STERLING) aka bold move aka empty
    DEF - Houston

* - possible keeper value next year
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 3,085

Hasn't dmac been inactive all games????

Because he doesn't contribute on special teams.  DMac is the back to own over the next 6 games IMO.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • cablejackscablejacks Posts: 279
    Morris gets 1st shot if can’t get job done on to DMac
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
  • slimkilla99 Posts: 148
    id say morris first shot them dmac,morris hasnt looked to bad in limited wrk
  • I dropped a combined $23 FAAB on Morris and McFadden in hopes I paid $23 FAAB to keep Zeke on the field.
  • DonDon Posts: 3,329
    Morris especially in standard leagues. He doesn't catch passes tho.
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,130
    I grabbed Morris only because someone grabbed DMC in front of me. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I'm not sure why anyone thinks DMC doesn't take over as the lead back (assuming he's healthy). He's already had a pretty productive season with DAL behind their line and can actually catch the football.
  • I don't understand why McFadden is getting so much interest. He has not played one down this year. He did not look good in preseason and has not earned himself time on the field.  It's about what have you done lately, not two years ago with a differnt Dallas line. Rod Smith should be behind Morris. 
    10 player keeper league QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T, W/R/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, D, D, D, D, D,
    QB: Newton,  Dalton RB:C McCaffrey,  Kareem HuntDoug Martin, Tevin Coleman, A. Peterson WR:OBJ, Mike Evans, T.Y. Hilton, Tyreek Hill, Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay
    TE: Delanie Walker  K: Matt Bryant  D: Houston  +  IDP: 

12 team keepers QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, DEF, D, D, DB, DB, DL, DL,
    QB: Prescott,  Winston. RB: Elliott, D Murray, Mixon,  Kamara, Peterson TE: Gronkowski, Kittle.  WR: Michael Thomas , DeVante Parker, Corey Davis, Doctson, Sanu
    Def:  Cincinnati. Houston, New Orleans K: Jake Elliott IDP :  D Jones, Calais Campbell, 

I don't understand why McFadden is getting so much interest. He has not played one down this year. He did not look good in preseason and has not earned himself time on the field.  It's about what have you done lately, not two years ago with a differnt Dallas line. Rod Smith should be behind Morris. 

I picked Rod Smith up as well but then dumped him for DMC
    Just checked Rotoworld and the first beat writer came out saying DMC as the favorite because of similar skill set and a favorite of Jones.
  • CoolHand said:

Just checked Rotoworld and the first beat writer came out saying DMC as the favorite because of similar skill set and a favorite of Jones.

Which goes to show how little anyone knows.
    There are players that will be a direct backup to another player and not see a snap until the starter goes down.. this may be the case with mcfadden
  • GlassJoe Posts: 185
    I think they've kept McFadden inactive strictly for this purpose.  Dude is a beast when he runs and has good hands...and can usually last about 5-6 games.  They'll ride him (if this suspension actually goes through) until he breaks or Zeke gets back, IMHO.
    It’s possible but keep in mind Morris ripped off a huge run last game, he looks good. Also keep in mind he catches very little, so we may see both equally.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • GlassJoe Posts: 185
    Oh, I love Alfred as a player and a person (love that he drives that same old car to work).  He's a very good one-cut runner, but I just have a feeling that the ole Razorback is gonna ride DMac hard and put him away wet if Zeke suspension holds.  They both looked great in the preseason, and DMac is much more like Zeke than Alfred, IMO.  I'm not saying there might not be a hot-hand approach, but in a PPR league, my money is on DMac to outscore Alfred possibly 2:1 during any suspension.  I think Morris may get a little more goal-line love, but even that I'm not sure of.  It could be DMac for 2 series and Alfred for 1 (bringing in DMac for 3rd downs), too....who really knows?  But I know Jerry loves his Razorbacks, and I sincerely think he's been inactive all year as the "true backup," if you would.  There are no injury concerns with Morris, so they have no problems keeping him active all year (hell, he may even play special teams - though I haven't noticed him on kickoff coverage this year).
    McFadden has the receiving skills for it to make sense, I just think they both get used. Both need to be grabbed, and neither could be worth a ton, or one will be worth a lot. Not something anyone can predict just yet.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com