fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football odell beckham sketch fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

rebuild team that I'm considering trading away AJG

Hawk12 Posts: 2,324
12 team PPR
I have literally no RBs, Legarette Blount and Corey Clement are both starting for me... my plan was to rebuild with a great 2017 draft as I had #3, #6, #10 and during the draft got Mike Thomas and DHop for those picks and Kelvin... was a great move but left me emtpy at RB.

I now have Cam, terrible RBs, AJG, DHop, Sammy in a QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLX league and my 4 WRs and Cam have me at 3-2 - somehow?   I have Two 1sts, a 2nd, and tow 3rds to reload my RBs next year already... 

I've gotten discussion from a 203 team asking about AJG, and he has Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay and right now the #3 2018 pick (whihc I expect to move back if he gets AJG)... 

would you give AJG for Corey Davis, Golladay and a 2018 1st?  I'd leave me younger and with more shots at getting a solid RB next year , is that enough? DO I ride Cam and my WRs and see what I get as I;m 4th in the league in points scored with no RBs - and no, no one in the league will give me a RB, been trying hard for 5 weeks.

Comments

• I love Davis. But can you not get a RB?
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 7,835

I love Davis. But can you not get a RB?

Seriously, that doesn't help your situation
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Hawk12 Posts: 2,324
    yeah seriously - I have kinda dominated this league for about 7 years and when I traded away my older players last year for early pick in 2017, the league saw I was gonna do it again for another 5+ years if I landed 2 good RBs like I used to have; to go with my WRs.

When I then traded away Kelvin and Josh Gordon and 1 sts for DHop and Mike Thomas and two 2018 2nds - - -  - I saddled up DHop, Mike THomas, AJG and Sammy in a PPR 3WR & Flx league....... they have been fairly vocal on the message board that "I'm not giving him a RB" type comments.  

And I've tried to over pay for a solid RB, as I have two 2018 1sts and four 2018 2nds.  Its all good, I have covered most of my other leagues with this one leagues winnings for the last 7 years.  I'll get on top of this league again soon.

I just need to keep finding value picks and adding capital on WRs and picks.  I'm actually one of the guys that already likes the top 5-7 players in next years draft, and haas kept a good eye on college this year.  I expect many to bail on next year's class, that might provide me an opening to get a RB or two.  

So, again - would you give AJG for Corey Davis, Golladay and a 2018 1st?   Is this legit value since AJG will be 29 next year and I'll not be competing till 2018/19 with no RBs currently rostered and not likely to be acquired via trade...
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 7,835
    If you're tanking then sure, make the trade.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Hawk12 Posts: 2,324
    WTCM said:

If you're tanking then sure, make the trade.

see, I'm not sure yet..... I'm 3-2 and 3rd in the league on points scored - somehow!

But yeah I could easily go to 3-5 if I made this trade, and the eagles bye week is a definite loss as I'll have only Alfred Blue and Zack Zenner as my only other non-IR RBs on the roster..... and this is a no-WW league, so I can't get any from FA as there is no FA during the season at all.   Kind of a unique league, and injuries can derail anyone for the year, whihc is part of the reason I'm winning some games.

So you think that's good value for AJG< and it'll give me plenty of chances to land a RB next draft!
  • emurrell17emurrell17 Posts: 2,749
    Keep ajg
  • TheDude Posts: 964
    I would trade AJG for all of that in a heartbeat. You are not a contender despite your current record. So what if you make the playoffs, you will not win. Davis is the future AJG/Julio. Golladay appears to be a solid future WR2. Add the first to your other picks and reload.