Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Moderators

JRMRRT
RabidBucFan
Swampies
Whos_Ur_Doggie
WTCM
fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football odell beckham sketch fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Marlon Mack or AP?

G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,106
Redraft PPR

Marlon Mack or AP rest of this season?

Who you got? How close is it?

Comments

• redzoneriesredzoneries Posts: 3,046
    Marlon mack. I think he is about to explode
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,106
    I just don’t understand how they don’t give the kid 20 touches a game? It’s frustrating to watch, and leaves plenty of room for doubt.
    I mean he's been hurt for 3 games.
  • Mack
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 2,194
    Mack
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 2,962
    Mack
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    I dropped Mack last week and just used a third waiver pick to pick him back up. Drafted him in just about every league this year.. I need to hit on one of these guys! Season not looking so good in this one.
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 2,925
    I got both from the WW this morning in my limited keeper
      Both Leagues - Start  QB  RB  RB/WR  WR  WR/TE  TE  K  DST  All TD = 6  Pass Yd = .04  Rush-Rec Yd = .10 No-PPR  No Bonuses
    10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3)  10 Team Dynasty
    QB - R,Wilson, D.Brees QB - Luck, R.Wilson, D.Carr, Siemian 
    RB - Zeke, M.Gordon, Fournette, Mack, Foreman, AP, AlfMorris
    RB - Zeke, David Johnson, L.Bell, AP, Foreman, Kamara, Cohen, Smallwood, L.Murray
    WR - M.Thomas, B.Cooks, KBenj, J.Landry WR - Hopkins, Dez, AJG, B.Cooks, M.Thomas (NO), M.Jones, Hogan, A.Hurns, M.Williams, J. Ross
    TE - STREAM (ASJ) TE - Gronk, M.Bennett
    DST - STREAM (Ravens)   DST - Vikes, Ravens
    K - STREAM (Lutz)    K - STREAM (Hopkins)
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 2,631
    FYI.....

Marlon Mack - RB - Colts

Colts coach Chuck Pagano said Marlon Mack is not ready to be an every-down or third-down back.
    Mack erupted for 91 yards and a touchdown on nine carries against the 49ers, but Pagano said he is still a work in progress after missing some time due to injury. Mack has also been fairly boom-or-bust early in his career, failing to gain more than three yards on 18-of-25 attempts so far this season. Mack will likely see more touches moving forward, but he will need a more defined role to be usable in fantasy lineups.
    Source: Bob Kravitz on Twitter
    Oct 12 - 1:01 PM
  • ffballgenius30 Posts: 1,554

I don't listen to coach speak anymore...wrting is on the wall.  gore doesn't get all the snaps anymore and mack is back and will keep getting more and more...situation alone I take mack.  will he be a startr for this weekend?  prob not but I wont listen to coach speak anymore

so many people last year cut or broke ties with Ajayi because of the first few weeks of season...was not the most consistent, but ajayi was a league winner last year.  coach speak in situation like this I wont listen to I still want mack and his ROS upside

10 TEAM: $100 salary cap dynasty league. non PPR, non fraction scoring, All TDs 5 pnts. QB/RB/RBWR/WR/TE/w/r/t/K/DL/DB/LB/LB(22 man roster, 2 practice squad spots, rookies from rookie draft don't count towards 22 man roster)

qb: $3.50 WILSON, $2 KIZER, $1.25 TRUBISKY, $1 KELLY

rbs: $2.50 ELLIOT, $1.75 JOHNSON, $2 CARSON, $10 BUCK ALLEN, $2 MIXON (R), $1 MCNICHOLS (R)

wrs: $2.50 COREY COLEMAN, $5 WATKINS, $3.25 AMARI COOPER, $2.50 DOCTSON, $1.75 DIGGS, $1.50 GOLLADAY

te: $3.25 EIFERT, $1 HOWARD (R)

K: $1.50 BRYANT

LB: $1.50 MYLES JACK, $1.50 REUBEN FOSTER, $4 OGLETREE, $1.50 JATAVIS BROWN

DL: $1.75 MACK, $2.50 HUNTER

DB: $1.25 NEAL, $1.25 JAMAL ADAMS

"not ready to be an every down back"

*Has looked fantastic on every single carry he's had*

His time will come. I have high hopes for him
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 5,178
    Our problem is, yeah, usage. We shall see. Talent wise, i have ZERO concerns and I can't wait for him to get rolling. I hope IND lets him roll.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • DemigodrvaDemigodrva Posts: 203
    Pagano is terrible as a coach... he shouldn't even be coaching the colts... Bruce should be. Organization let the wrong coach go after pagano cancer treatments.... Mack is the man
    QB - DakPrescott*
    RB - AdrianPeterson/DevonteFreeman/DannyWoodhead/SpencerWare*/TJYeldon*/TevinColeman*/JerickMckinnon*
    WR - KeenanAllen/LarryFitzgerald/MohamedSanu/KamarAiken*
    TE - JaredCook*
    K - (SCOTT STERLING) aka bold move aka empty
    DEF - Houston

* - possible keeper value next year
  • OCV18 Posts: 13
    Someone Mentioned Ajayi from last year? What about this Year not much with that said I have Mack also and Ajayi who should I start this week?
  • DonDon Posts: 3,282
    Agree Pagano needs to be fired
  • george Posts: 12
    I disagree on Pagano. Get him some players.
  • cablejackscablejacks Posts: 253
    AP this week Mack ROS
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
    Why doesn't pagano get himself some good players?
  • george Posts: 12
    The Colts fired Ryan Grigson in January. Hopefully Ballard will be a better GM.
    He has two really good WR.. a serviceable TE.. their offensive line is terrible.. wait, are we talking about the giants?
    ESPN’s Mike Wells expects Marlon Mack to have an "increased workload" on Monday night against the Titans.

This falls with Chuck Pagano’s plan to get Mack more carries. Mack led Indy to an overtime win last week, adding a big-play threat to an offense that’s lacked splash plays without Andrew Luck. The Colts have misplaced loyalty to Frank Gore, a 34-year-old on an expired deal with three straight sub-4.0 YPC seasons . Mack was a workhorse for star HC Willie Taggart at USF — starting 36-of-36 games — and is miscast in a change-up role. The Colts need to make the move to Mack if they want to get him double-digit starts — a streak he’s had since college. Mack is the future in Indy and deserves to start.
  • slimkilla99 Posts: 131
    ap looking like vintage ap

• DonDon Posts: 3,282
    Eating crow right now
  • Hawk12 Posts: 2,250
    Don said:

Eating crow right now

Me too, I stated somehwere I thought he was done at his age, and what h e's looked like recently... I was also wrong apparently
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,115
    Don said:

Eating crow right now

I think a lot of us are now.... it was one game but there's not a lot of reason to think it won't continue. I wrongly assumed Ellington would diminish his immediate impact.
    He really proved me wrong, but I'd probably sell high if I owned him
  • GlassJoe Posts: 181
    Yeah, I was shocked (and happy) to see him tearing it up.  I have serious questions about whether it will last, but I'm hoping it does (even though I own no shares).
  • TheDude Posts: 840
    I had been holding him for a couple of seasons hoping, just hoping, he would return...cut him 2 weeks ago for something like Buck Allen. 

Marlon mack had a forgettable night, but there are some positives. Aside from only seeing 2 carries and a couple targets, mack was on the field for 14 snaps. Frank gore and Robert turbin were on the field for 23 and 21 snaps respectively. Turbin got hurt so that could mean more opportunities for mack as those 21 carries are redistributed. At this point, mack is going to need a lot to change for him to be fantasy relevant. AP won this one
    Everyone myself included seem to jump on too early for these guys.. Mack/Henry.. sometimes things are just more simple than we think