fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football odell beckham sketch fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Offered Mixon for Adrian Peterson

Standard scoring. Been holding on this long but it is a fair offer. What do you guys think
Adrian Peterson for Joe Mixon-std. scoring
  1. Pick one30 votes
    1. Peterson
      16.67%
    2. Mixon
      83.33%

Comments

• Give me Mixon and it’s not close.
  • DonDon Posts: 3,329
    Horrible this idea. Mixon.
  • slimkilla99 Posts: 148
    call me crazy i think  they feed ap .palmer cant keep throwing it 50 times.. redraft i think ap might surprise us one last time.im probably only one who thinks that

call me crazy i think  they feed ap .palmer cant keep throwing it 50 times.. redraft i think ap might surprise us one last time.im probably only one who thinks that

They will feed him. I've already seen this movie though when AP was younger running behind a terrible Vikings line. Straight ploddin homie
  • Don said:

They will feed him. I've already seen this movie though when AP was younger running behind a terrible Vikings line. Straight ploddin homie
    Younger. Plodding. You must mean the season where he dipped to 4.4 ypc and ran for 1383 yards and 18 Tds?
  • Give me Mixon and it’s not close.

This!

Don said:

Younger. Plodding. You must mean the season where he dipped to 4.4 ypc and ran for 1383 yards and 18 Tds?
    He was younger last year and averaged 3.1ypc. That 0-line was one of if the not the worst in football, as is this year Cardinals. I stand by my statement.
  • MetalgodMetalgod Posts: 40
    Took Mixon. Thanks for the feedback really appreciate it!
  • Don said:

Don said:

He was younger last year and averaged 3.1ypc. That 0-line was one of if the not the worst in football, as is this year Cardinals. I stand by my statement.
    You're giving the least amount of "younger" possible and having it on a two game sample size. Again, I don't expect a lot but that's not really a meaningful statement in that context.
  • AP may get a ton of carries but he’s going to run into a wall. That line is awful. I’d rather have Mixon.

Don said:

Don said:

You're giving the least amount of "younger" possible and having it on a two game sample size. Again, I don't expect a lot but that's not really a meaningful statement in that context.
    Agree to disagree. RB's tend to fall off a cliff at age 30 so I think since he's 32 now it's relevant to point on his last two seasons, even in a limited sample size. In his last 7 games he is averaging 2.4ypc with zero tds. That's 64 carries for 153 yards. He's added 5 catches for 12 yards over that span. I looked it up and that number would be the worst in the league (next to Paul Perkins). People will argue that he needs volume and if you give him 20 carries he'll break one for 60 yards. Yeah I don't doubt that, it's the other 19 carries where he slams into the line for 2 yards that kill the drive. I still own him one league and was hoping for him to get traded behind a good offensive line, but AZ is decimated by injuries and quite frequently going to be playing from behind. Palmer is on pace to set the pass attempts record. I don't expect AP to be on the field enough to get fantasy relevant volume when they have to throw that much.
  • cablejackscablejacks Posts: 279
    Mixon
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
  • Hawk12 Posts: 2,324
    I like Mixon a lot on this deal, he is going to get better weekly, and is not really a candidate for the rookie wall as he hasn't gotten much work early in the year.

I love AP, don't get me wrong, but I'm with @Don ; AP is rob done, and that line will give him not much room to move.  Yes he may flash here and there, particularly in the first few games he's seeing the rock.  But the adreniline of 'being the guy again' will wear off, the lone sucks, and his legs have taken a lot of wear and tear.   He's past where nearly every other RB falls off, and I believe we may have seen him already slow down.    

I mean outside of Frank Gore and Curtis Martin, can anyone remember any other RB that played well over 32 years old?   Ever?  I'm old, and those two stand out to me as the very rare that can play past 31.  Someone can prob look it up and find another outlier in there, but look at how many starting RBs over decades have carried the ball, and after about 7 years as a full time RB, they almost all seem to fall off a cliff production wise.

Sure AP is exceptional, and barring a suspended year and another lost season to injury he'd be way up on the all time yardage list.  He was a special back, enjoy watching his swan song year  
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 7,835
    Don said:

Horrible this idea. Mixon.

Yep, backwards thinking here.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • cablejackscablejacks Posts: 279
    Hawk12 said:

I like Mixon a lot on this deal, he is going to get better weekly, and is not really a candidate for the rookie wall as he hasn't gotten much work early in the year.

I love AP, don't get me wrong, but I'm with @Don ; AP is rob done, and that line will give him not much room to move.  Yes he may flash here and there, particularly in the first few games he's seeing the rock.  But the adreniline of 'being the guy again' will wear off, the lone sucks, and his legs have taken a lot of wear and tear.   He's past where nearly every other RB falls off, and I believe we may have seen him already slow down.    

I mean outside of Frank Gore and Curtis Martin, can anyone remember any other RB that played well over 32 years old?   Ever?  I'm old, and those two stand out to me as the very rare that can play past 31.  Someone can prob look it up and find another outlier in there, but look at how many starting RBs over decades have carried the ball, and after about 7 years as a full time RB, they almost all seem to fall off a cliff production wise.

Sure AP is exceptional, and barring a suspended year and another lost season to injury he'd be way up on the all time yardage list.  He was a special back, enjoy watching his swan song year  
    I think E Smith had decent years at and above 32 years old
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,130
    Give me Mixon in this situation.... easily. 

There's a chance Peterson has some relevance in a redraft scenario but given his play of late he'll need substantial amounts of volume to be productive. That line isn't going to do him any favors and I don't see Ellington going away any time soon now that ARI has rediscovered him and he's actually healthy.