fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football odell beckham sketch fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

U: Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather... who wins?

2»

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 6,876
    If this was in the octagon there is no question who gets there hand raised. However this is in Floyd's domain and he's virtually undefeated in bouts in the boxing ring. Look, he is a defensive fighter that is far more lightning fast than Connor is, even at the age of 40 something. Floyd rarely makes mistakes, and he's looking to get his 50th win.

Winner of the bout is Money Mayweather. Outside the ring the promoters and the two fighters are all winners. The fans will be losers mostly because this should be a circus. Also anyone dumb enough to pay to watch this is a loser also. 
    The "U's" Forum Moderator
    Montreal, Canada
    Proud Canadian  image
    Also creator of this:
  • New low for boxing. Next will they invite hockey fighters?
    2017 NCAA sleeperu bracket winner. Changing lives one keystroke at a time.
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 1,762
    McGregor is going to be doing alot of running if he is going to try and win.
    QB: Bortles, Winston, Bradford
    RB: Miller, MJones, Ajayi, Coleman, Riddick, Ware, West
    WR: DT, JMatt, Crabtree, Snead, Sharpe, M Thomas, P Cooper, C Moore, R. Greene
    Te: Gronk, Rudy
    Floyd is up there in the discussion of best boxers of all time. Conner might not even be in the top 5 UFC fighters of all time.
    Montreal, Canada
    Proud Canadian  image
    Also creator of this:
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 1,914
    This event can be bet on if you have a clear favorite.

Mayweather will play defensively- & win.
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 744
    12-team, non-PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE
    2017 Keepers (as of 5/13/17): 
    QB Andrew Luck
    RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Todd Gurley, RB Dalvin Cook
    WR Odell Beckham, WR Mike Evans, WR A.J. Green
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 4,709
    edited June 19
    McGregor's trash talk alone will be worth it even if Floyd wins. I'm not saying McGregor is for sure gonna win, I am just saying it's more 50/50, I think, than people realize. McGregor gets hit with fists, people forget to calculate that into this. People also forget that Floyd has had a bit more trouble with south paw punchers. There is so much more to consider than Mathweathers past. He's 40. He hasn't knocked any big name boxer out since what 2007? Am I forgetting a name? Cotto, Alvarez, De La Hoya, PAC, all decision fights.. decision does not mean not earned but certainly he hasn't proven to flatten anyone since 2007.. McGregor and his dynamic ability will present a problem others are not seeing... I just honestly don't get the "he has no chance" stances... I think it's 50/50 easy.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 1,762
    I didn't think Mayweather's style was to knock them out, I thought it was to land a punch and run around the ring not getting hit?
    QB: Bortles, Winston, Bradford
    RB: Miller, MJones, Ajayi, Coleman, Riddick, Ware, West
    WR: DT, JMatt, Crabtree, Snead, Sharpe, M Thomas, P Cooper, C Moore, R. Greene
    Te: Gronk, Rudy
  • wh0urdady said:

I didn't think Mayweather's style was to knock them out, I thought it was to land a punch and run around the ring not getting hit?

Exactly! That's why nobody wants to watch his fights anymore.
    McGregor is going to try and chew off his ear like Iron Mike. 

In all honestly, I love that Boxing is looking a touch silly, in that the insiders in the Boxing business are all upset. Boxing is becoming a joke, from the corruption to the delays... Boxing waits forever to setup fights people are begging to see. Fighters leave their prime in waiting for some fights, boxing is a joke and deserves a kick to the nads. I love this fight. 

40 years old vs 28. Knockout Artists vs Dancing defender. Trash Talking to the extreme. It's real, this is not fake, McGregor is too into himself to let this thing get called by money men. McGregor is use to getting kicked in the head with no pads and punched in the face with no gloves. I can't wait. 

I bet it feels a lot like the day after Trump won the election the day after this fight is over... "how did we miss this?" "how did we not see this coming"... "no one gave him a shot and he won".. 

Let the good times roll!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Wooters Posts: 51
    I find it telling that McGregor's sparring partner basically said that Mayweather is going to win.
  • Wooters said:

I find it telling that McGregor's sparring partner basically said that Mayweather is going to win.

Smokescreen to keep Mayweather overconfident?
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 2,659
    UFC fights are a maximum of 5 rounds at five minute per round.  McGregor's combined fights have averaged 7 minutes and 50 seconds.  That's only a little over two rounds for boxing.  McGregor will be gassed by round #4 and become Mayweather's personal punching douche-bag, lol.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    Wooters said:

If you watch that full interview he admits he's even speaking to pitch himself to fight on the card lol not sure if trust him or a small out of context clip that no one knows what they are doing lesson wise.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com

UFC fights are a maximum of 5 rounds at five minute per round.  McGregor's combined fights have averaged 7 minutes and 50 seconds.  That's only a little over two rounds for boxing.  McGregor will be gassed by round #4 and become Mayweather's personal punching douche-bag, lol.

Wel he will be training for this :) I admit it's gonna be tough but for both fighters.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,502
    Man Smitty, I'm sorry but IMO you're getting yourself way to hyped for this event. This will be one of the biggest let downs we've seen. Well only for people who actually think this fight is going to be entertaining.
    edited June 20
    lukeb5301 said:

Man Smitty, I'm sorry but IMO you're getting yourself way to hyped for this event. This will be one of the biggest let downs we've seen. Well only for people who actually think this fight is going to be entertaining.

You should bring this up to the decision makers and let them know that you already know the outcome ;)

And Luke not on the side of the underdog? I'm actually shocked
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Wooters Posts: 51
    To put this in a better perspective, it seems to me, that those that think that McGregor is going to win this fight are just saying so just in case the longshot happens.  If McGregor wins, then they can say "Look at me...I told you so!"  If McGregor loses, then he was supposed to lose, and no skin off their backs.  Virtually a win-win for those people.

It's easy to just say that McGregor is going to win, but he literally has everything going against him in this fight.  

Put your money where your mouth is and lay some legit coin down on the fight.  Show me some proof that you made a legit bet, and you're behind the man 100%.  Otherwise, it's just schoolyard slapstick talk.  The only way McGregor can win is luck.  Lady luck has shown her face before, but other than that, he's going to lose.
    Well... I'm not gonna go in circles here I've made my points and arguments. I respect everyone's take just keep it civil, all.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • redzoneriesredzoneries Posts: 2,689
    If mccgreggor wins, boxing is over forever in america. Floyd will embarrass connor, could even be one of his few knockouts as connor wont know how to keep himself protected. People have suddenly developed this belief that boxing is some sissy's sport compared to ufc. There is way bigger of a difference between boxing and ufc from a technical and physical standpoint. Huge learning curve for connor, i just dont think he stands a chance at all
    Can't wait to see who's right!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • redzoneriesredzoneries Posts: 2,689
    Me too! But i for sure wont be paying to watch it. Id give connor a 5% chance of winning. Meaning theres a 5% chance i would be glad o spent money on it. Ill gladly watch highlights the day after for free.

Me too! But i for sure wont be paying to watch it. Id give connor a 5% chance of winning. Meaning theres a 5% chance i would be glad o spent money on it. Ill gladly watch highlights the day after for free.

Who buys the fight by themselves? You get 5-10 people together or you go get one single drink at a sports bar and stand and watch it :)
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    Even if Connor gets TKO'd in 10 second of the first, he's still walking out the ring laughing as a much richer man. What a cash grab this circus will be for these people. And what's worse is ESPN is eating this up.
    Montreal, Canada
    Proud Canadian  image
    Also creator of this:
    See I don't see it that way at all, like the worst part stuff. I love it. Most people want to see it but those against it sure are against it lol.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com