fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football odell beckham sketch fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

U: Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather... who wins?

SmittySmitty Posts: 4,902
Like this spoof by SleeperU?

- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• redzoneriesredzoneries Posts: 2,884
    Both win, anyone who has cared for the past 2 years loses
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 4,902
    I guess I lose because I'm pumped! I love the McGregor hater because Floyd is 40 and has picked his fights for years... McGregor is gonna win imo. Cant wait!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 764
    edited June 17
    Floyd will dance for 12 rounds and win by decision for the 505404030402826268181 time in his career. As much as I hate to say it, you combine Floyd's style with McGregor's counter strike style from UFC...this has the making's of a fight where neither guy really goes for it.
    12-team, non-PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE
    2017 Keepers (as of 5/13/17): 
    QB Andrew Luck
    RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Todd Gurley, RB Dalvin Cook
    WR Odell Beckham, WR Mike Evans, WR A.J. Green
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 548
    I'm also pumped...like him or hate him Connor has pumped money into the ufc...there is a reason nate Diaz is praying he gets another shot and it's not for pride... Connor brings the pay days... I get floyd should in theory destroy him but I'm hoping for one big left hand from Connor...if Connor can somehow get lucky the show to follow is gonna be awesome...
  • ReisssoxReisssox Posts: 599
    Non boxer vs a boxer ? Love to see the crazy Connor win but highly doubt it.
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 1,545
    edited June 17
    Easy win by mayweather. Two different style fighting, not going to be close. That said, it'll go to decision.
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,532
    Anyone hyped for this is going to be seriously disappointed
    lukeb5301 said:

Anyone hyped for this is going to be seriously disappointed

Exactly what im thinking.
    I think those saying it won't be close will later say "well, we all knew if he got a good shot in he could win..."

Bottom line for me is McGregor is faster than many believe before fighting him and he won't box, he will look for openings and time them differently than Mayweather will be use to. This is going to turn boxing upside down for a min when McGregor wins, then everyone will blame it on age. Bring it, McGregor!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • buckysGTbuckysGT Posts: 1,640
    I'm calling McGregor DQ'd on a few low blows or something else suspect. Can't say Im pumped for this fight at all. If I can find a buddy willing to buy it, I'll watch. Otherwise I'll watch the highlights the day after.
    buckysGT said:

I'm calling McGregor DQ'd on a few low blows or something else suspect. Can't say Im pumped for this fight at all. If I can find a buddy willing to buy it, I'll watch. Otherwise I'll watch the highlights the day after.

Im looking forward to it to the max, but I get it.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    That's why they are fighting, I myself cannot wait and can't wait to hear explainations from all the hater media types saying mcgregor has zero shot.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • JKnighton_9 Posts: 52
    It's not like McGregor has never boxed before though. He has an amateur background in boxing. He is a UFC champion. Yes it is a different sport but it's not like he's going from being a football player to a boxer. He is doing something he has done before. I'll agree with Smitty on this one, McGregor will beat Mayweather.
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,532
    12 rounds
    Mayweather wins via decision
    They both laugh to the bank with 100s of millions

That's all this is. I'll gladly watch for free as always but not a chance do I give these 2 any more money for this money grab

It's not like McGregor has never boxed before though. He has an amateur background in boxing. He is a UFC champion. Yes it is a different sport but it's not like he's going from being a football player to a boxer. He is doing something he has done before. I'll agree with Smitty on this one, McGregor will beat Mayweather.

Yes sir!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    Connor has never fought someone as quick as Floyd. It is incredibly hard for professional boxers to land solid hits on floyd, connor might not even connect on any punches. Connor has never fought anyone as good at protecting themselves as floyd. Connor has never had to defend himself from a fighter as quick as floyd. People talk about how much harder of a puncher connor is, but weve only seen his punches in ufc gloves. His punches will look a lot softer in boxing gloves.
    Only way connor wins is by luck or rigging the fight
    Well that's why they are fighting... Let me add I am not calling you wrong, who knows, you know? We are predicting.  Conor wouldn't be a part of a fake fight, though, that guy gives two craps about that kinda thing, and he is so self centered he would never lose for money, not at his current point in his career. No chance. Floyd is older, and I get the whole 'he hasn't fought anyone as good as Floyd', but in my opinion, it's not as simple as many suggest, that Floyd has done this and that and fought so many better punchers... As @jknighton_9 said, it's not like he isn't fighting with his fists for a living (and the very, very best in the world at that)... the examples that suggest it's like someone from another sport trying another sport, it's not the same. Conor is punching the entire time he is fighting MMA, it's not crossing sports in some senses. Is it different? Sure, but he has boxed, and I don't care how much Floyd dances, McGregor is gonna strike and land, and close quarters, he has advantages boxers wouldn't. 

I get the doubt, I respect the stances, but all I'm gonna say is I cannot wait and I predict a McGregor win and a whole bunch of "well, we all knew if he landed a punch he could win" or "well, floyd is 40". If Floyd wins, I'll be the first to admit i was wrong on this thread. I cannot wait!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 548
    edited June 18
    Wonder if Connor gets ppv numbers also or if it's just a lump sum.. I bet in the end he pulls 60 million ...crazy
  • DonDon Posts: 3,064
    edited June 18
    McGreggor is gonna get stomped. And by stomped I mean lose every round. I hate watching Mayweather fight because his fights are so boring. The reason they're so boring though is because he's that much better of a boxer than anyone else.
    I dont think Mccgreggor could beat any professional boxer, yet alone floyd. Way too much technique hes missing from a defensive and offensive standpoint.
  • ReisssoxReisssox Posts: 599
    Wake me up...
  • Unfortunately, I think Mayweather will crush McGregor because he knows the sport so well. If they did a hybrid of boxing & UFC, it would a lot closer.
  • Mcgregor wins easy. At one point he was going to become a plummer, nothing wrong with it, after this pay day it's a win already.
    I think mayweather dances and will be too fast. The fight will be stopped in the 8 due to cuts. Counter puncher won't touch PBF.
    I will be rooting for Conor
    2017 NCAA sleeperu bracket winner. Changing lives one keystroke at a time.
  • As much as I would like to see Mayweather get bloodied up, I can't fathom Conner beating him in a boxing match.
    edited June 19
    Things many don't realize, though, that don't watch much boxing, is that Mayweather didn't hit the big stage money wise and spotlight wise until like he was in his 30 win area, in what 2007? Since hitting the spotlight at 30+ wins, he fought some big names, of course... names like Cotto, Mosley, De la Hoya and Alvarez and Pacquiao, all of which went to the judges. Mosley almost knocked him out. I am not saying he didn't earn what he got, I'm not a hater in many ways... he was great at his branding too. But, it's head scratching when people act like he demolished big names, because it went to the cards on almost every single fight from 2007 ish (slight guess on exact date) on, which was when he fought bigger names. Wins are wins but he wasn't Mike Tysoning fools.. 

McGregor is 1 inch taller, likely more than a handful of pounds heavier than some stats suggest, and he has 2 inch longer reach. Mayweather isn't a knockout artist and McGregor is. I'm sorry, I won't call anyone nuts for saying McGregor will lose, that's fair, but if anyone thinks he has no shot, or like near zero, or anything near that, they just aren't looking at the facts, or appreciating two MAJOR things:

1) Mayweather typically went to the cards, that's a lot of time to give McGregor to land
    2) Floyd is 40 years old! Conor is 28!

Floyd is putting his legacy on the line, so seasoned or not, he will feel pressure he hasn't felt before.

I am more than 50% confident McGregor wins this and the win, the McGregor win, is blamed on age.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 7,203
    If this was in the octagon there is no question who gets there hand raised. However this is in Floyd's domain and he's virtually undefeated in bouts in the boxing ring. Look, he is a defensive fighter that is far more lightning fast than Connor is, even at the age of 40 something. Floyd rarely makes mistakes, and he's looking to get his 50th win.

Winner of the bout is Money Mayweather. Outside the ring the promoters and the two fighters are all winners. The fans will be losers mostly because this should be a circus. Also anyone dumb enough to pay to watch this is a loser also. 
    The "U's" Forum Moderator
    Montreal, Canada
    Proud Canadian  image
    Also creator of this:
  • New low for boxing. Next will they invite hockey fighters?
    2017 NCAA sleeperu bracket winner. Changing lives one keystroke at a time.
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 1,910
    McGregor is going to be doing alot of running if he is going to try and win.
    QB: Winston, Bortles
    RB: Ajayi, Mixon, Hunt, Gillislee, Coleman, Ware, Joe Williams, C West,M Jones
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, DT, Crabtree, Hurns, Funchess, P Cooper, C Moore, K Golladay
    Te: Gronk, Rudy

1.3 Mixon
    1.6 Hunt
    2.6 Joe Williams
    3.8 Golladay

Drop 1 by September
    Matt Jones