fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football odell beckham sketch fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

You ever find yourself offering more and more and more to certain owners?....

GlassJoe Posts: 158
I've been trying to secure some Pats for a championship run.  This owner has Brady/Cooks/Gronk....(Hyde, E.Sanders, and G.Tate the only others who even sniffed 200pts last year - dude was the 1.3 pick).

My squad is:
QB - R.Wilson (Dalton, Kaep, Goff)
RB - LeVeon, Zeke (Gurley, Gillisllee, DMart/Sims, Dixon)
WR - Evans, Cooper (Watkins, Martavis, Snead)
TE - Kelce (Brate)

We start 1QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/3flex...PPR with modest return yards.

Just offered up:
L.Bell
R.Wilson
W.Snead
2018 1st
2018 2nd
2018 3rd

for

Brady
Cooks
Rookie 1.3

Thoughts?  Is this an overpayment at all?  Would you with my squad?  I have some sneaky guys I really like (Gillislee, Dixon, Martavis, Watkins) that I think have a shot at climbing into must-starts by mid-season (I'm hoping at least 1-2 of them anyway).

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 7,234
    Seems balanced for owners who want specific players. I still prefer the Brady side.
    The "U's" Forum Moderator
    Montreal, Canada
    Proud Canadian  image
    Also creator of this:
  • GlassJoe Posts: 158
    I'm just thinking that this guy needs youth, not Brady....hoping throwing in my future draft class makes him think it's a good idea.  So a fairly even deal, all things considered?

Brady is 40 by Week 1....clearly I'll have to start actively looking for a future QB...

• emurrell17emurrell17 Posts: 2,564
    I'd rather have leveon then everything you're getting in return. Don't know why you're throwing in picks

I'd rather have leveon then everything you're getting in return. Don't know why you're throwing in picks

See the thread title....there are certain owners that are hard to trade with, and for some reason I just keep on offering more and more and more. This is the culmination of that exact situation. There is also the situation that Bell has already had a three-game suspension, so there is a little risk right there. As long as I'm not losing big time, I'd be willing to take a chance.Although it sounds like you think I'm losing big time. LOL
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 2,799
    You are built to win now Joe. I don't think that I would risk another championship run this year and future runs by moving Bell.

I don't think Brady/Gronk gives enough extra over Wilson/Kelce to give up the youth and risk having to depend on any of your RBs after Zeke. Gurley is still in LA, 'nough said. Gillislee is stuck with the Hoodie, better off than Gurley, but still. The rest... meh
      Both Leagues - Start  QB  RB  RB/WR  WR  WR/TE  TE  K  DST  All TD = 6  Pass Yd = .04  Rush-Rec Yd = .10 No-PPR  No Bonuses
    10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3)  10 Team Dynasty
    QB - R,Wilson, D.Carr QB - Luck, R.Wilson, D.Carr 
    RB - Zeke, M.Gordon, Gillislee, Abdullah, Henry, J. Charles, Forte'
    RB - Zeke, David Johnson, L.Bell, AP, Rawls, Prosise, Yeldon, Kelvin Williams, DMac
            Booker, Perkins, J.White, 
    WR - Julio, M.Thomas, TyMontgomery, T.Pryor WR - Hopkins, Dez, AJG, B.Cooks, M.Thomas (NO), M.Jones, A.Hurns, Sharpe, C.Meridith, Hogan
    TE - STREAM (NONE) TE - Gronk, M.Bennett, Fiedorowicz, V.McDonald
    DST - STREAM (NONE)   DST - Vikes, Ravens
    K - STREAM (NONE)   K - STREAM (NONE)
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 2,752
    Damn..... I would jump on your offer if I was the other owner.  I would gladly take L.Bell, R.Wilson, W.Snead, 2018 1st, 2018 2nd and 2018 3rd from you, lol.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 2,388

Damn..... I would jump on your offer if I was the other owner.  I would gladly take L.Bell, R.Wilson, W.Snead, 2018 1st, 2018 2nd and 2018 3rd from you, lol.

^This for sure^  To answer the question from the title...... not a freaking chance...  ;)
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 2,752
    Honestly, overpaying just because of the other owner can seriously set you back if the what you get in return backfires.  Just saying......
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

You are built to win now Joe. I don't think that I would risk another championship run this year and future runs by moving Bell.

I don't think Brady/Gronk gives enough extra over Wilson/Kelce to give up the youth and risk having to depend on any of your RBs after Zeke. Gurley is still in LA, 'nough said. Gillislee is stuck with the Hoodie, better off than Gurley, but still. The rest... meh

It's not Gronk. It's Cooks. So it amounts to Wilson/Bell vs. Brady/Cooks.... But also picking up Mixon/McCaffery/Davis at 1.3. Still too much?

I did the same last year... Kept offering more and more for Zeke. I got him eventually for Freeman/Coleman/T. Pryor/J. Graham/L. Murray for Zeke/Brate/Rookie 2nd.

• wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 261
    I think that's a really generous offer and if I was the Brady owner I'd take it. I mean, Brady is getting old, he's not THAT much better than the next 5 qbs, is he? Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, and Luck all averaged more per game than Brady last year. Even Rodgers at 439 total points last year only averaged 7 points a week more than the 12th-18th ranked QBs. Personally, I think you're offering too much and have a good shot to take a run with Wilson and crew. I'd keep what you have, Joe.
    D3: QB: Bortles, Tannehill, Jimmy G, Trubisky; RB: Murray, Howard, Sproles, Pumphrey, DHenry, Langford, RMathews, McGuire; WR: Landry, MThomas, Rishard, Moncrief, Godwin, Chad Williams, Taywan TE: Gronk, MBennett, CJF; K: Vinatieri; DEF: Lions // D4: QB: Winston, Watson, Jimmy G, Osweiler; RB: BellHowardForte, Martin, Conner, Langford, McNichols, Draughn, Hightower, McGuire, Hood; WR: Jeffery, Meredith, Matthews, VJackson, Bolden, Aiken, Golladay; TE: Olsen, Witten, McDonald, Higbee; K: Bailey, Gotskowski; DEF: Rams
    Which Cooks we talkin here? 
    Montreal, Canada
    Proud Canadian  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Which Cooks we talkin here? 

Brandin

I think that's a really generous offer and if I was the Brady owner I'd take it. I mean, Brady is getting old, he's not THAT much better than the next 5 qbs, is he? Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, and Luck all averaged more per game than Brady last year. Even Rodgers at 439 total points last year only averaged 7 points a week more than the 12th-18th ranked QBs. Personally, I think you're offering too much and have a good shot to take a run with Wilson and crew. I'd keep what you have, Joe.

Good points, Wick.

I'm seriously thinking of pulling the offer. Not sure why I'm selling my shares of Bell, but seems I am.
  • ffbfan06 Posts: 60
    I would pull the offer. Bell value alone is worth more.
    Yeah, I pulled it....thanks.

:(
  • emurrell17emurrell17 Posts: 2,564
    edited June 16
    ffbfan06 said:

I would pull the offer. Bell value alone is worth more.

Yeah exactly. Bell is a premier talent worth all of that other side. I'm not against sellin him but it would take a top rb1, a wr2 I like, and a first at least. And that's JUST for bell.
  • CamtasticCamtastic Posts: 250
    To answer the initial question, yes, to Xtreme, and never again. I know you're listening X.....

Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong........

12 Team 1 PPR 1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-DEF-K

QB: D. Brees, C. Newton, T. Bridgewater

RB: D. Johnson, J. Ajayi, L. McCoy, M. Gillislee, A. Abdullah, K. Drake

WR: A. Brown, B. Cooks, L. Fitz, J. Crowder, D. Parker, T. Lockette

TE: M. Bennett, C.J. Fedz, S. DeValve

D/ST: Eagles, Panthers

K: A. Viniteri

12 Team 1 PPR 1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1RB/WR-1Flex

QB: T. Brady, C. Newton, D. Kizer

RB: J. Ajayi, L. McCoy, D. Cook, AD, T. West, R. Turbin

WR: J. Jones, D. Thomas, M. Crabtree, T. Lockette, M. Jones, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, T. Taylor, C. Conley

TE: Z. Ertz, C.J. Fedz 

• rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 2,048
    Camtastic said:

To answer the initial question, yes, to Xtreme, and never again. I know you're listening X.....

Lol
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • ReisssoxReisssox Posts: 599
    Take Bell out and try something with Gurley
    edited June 16
    Reisssox said:

Both Leagues - Start  QB  RB  RB/WR  WR  WR/TE  TE  K  DST  All TD = 6  Pass Yd = .04  Rush-Rec Yd = .10 No-PPR  No Bonuses
    RB - Zeke, David Johnson, L.Bell, AP, Rawls, Prosise, Yeldon, Kelvin Williams, DMac
    WR - Julio, M.Thomas, TyMontgomery, T.Pryor WR - Hopkins, Dez, AJG, B.Cooks, M.Thomas (NO), M.Jones, A.Hurns, Sharpe, C.Meridith, Hogan
  • ReisssoxReisssox Posts: 599
    Lol
    Reisssox said:

Why would you give chuck an opening...
    Montreal, Canada
    Proud Canadian  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Reisssox said:

Why would you give chuck an opening...

C'mon... you loved the Monty Python references!    :D
    You know... 

I just noticed that the "Good idea Lord" pic has the wrong scene. Arthur talking to God instead of the Black Knight. :-O  

Just can't trust anybody on the inter-web to get it right.  :-w