fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football odell beckham sketch fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Michael Thomas Game Film...

TheDude Posts: 824
edited June 9 in Dynasty Only
I took a shot on him in my dynasty league last year. Wow, did that really pay off. This is a pretty good breakdown on why MT and Brees work so well.

Comments

• fontainesfontaines Posts: 1,151
    Thanks. I got him in a few leagues but sadly missed in a few others because I let adp get the best of me. I would've paid as high as 1.2 last year
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 2,314
    I actually passed on doctson and treadwell when I moved up to get him with Duke Johnson and 1.12
    QB: Winston, Bortles
    RB: Ajayi, Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Cohen, Carson Breida
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, DT, Crabtree, B Marshall,Agholor
    Te: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ

IR
    Ware
    Joe Williams
    Taxi
    Switzer
    Kittle
    Golladay
  • Hawk12 Posts: 2,248
    He was my #1 WR last year, think I own him on almost every D league I'm in.  Drafted him as high as 1.4, 1.5, 1.5 in several leagues as I didn't want to miss out.  

There may be a lighting in the bottle thing here, but I think he's the real deal and will be a really good WR for a long time, even after Brees moves on to the rocking chair.
  • boobam13boobam13 Posts: 1,616
    will be interesting to see how he does in his sophmore year and without Cooks drawing attention 
  • boobam13 said:

will be interesting to see how he does in his sophmore year and without Cooks drawing attention 

I think he'll struggle early and I will target him as a buy low mid-season.
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,090

boobam13 said:

This is a strong possibility. He could take off but I wouldn't be surprised to see early struggles either
  • CoolHand Posts: 4,901
    G_Men said:

boobam13 said:

This is a strong possibility. He could take off but I wouldn't be surprised to see early struggles either
    I don't fully understand this.... Cooks was there last year, yes. But they also got a guy to replace Cooks... another speedster in Ginn who can do the same thing by keeping defenses honest. Snead isn't a slouch either so while Thomas will get the CB1, but I'm sure he did last year too. I'd be curious what the cover ratio would be if we'd go back and look.
  • boobam13boobam13 Posts: 1,616
    Ginn is no Cooks IMO. Cooks and MT were 1A and 1B, now MT is clearly 1A and Ginn and Snead are 1C and 2C, defenses will know this and look to take MT out 
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 2,314
    Snead maybe the most underrated WR this year with Crowder just in front
    QB: Winston, Bortles
    RB: Ajayi, Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Cohen, Carson Breida
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, DT, Crabtree, B Marshall,Agholor
    Te: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ

IR
    Ware
    Joe Williams
    Taxi
    Switzer
    Kittle
    Golladay
  • GlassJoe Posts: 181
    I don't understand how those overlook Snead.  He's just the kind of guy Brees loves....dude is always in the right spot and just gets open though he lacks "combine numbers."  Great Red Zone worker as well.  I couldn't agree more that Snead and Crowder are completely flying under the radar (I'd throw Tyreek Hill in there, too, though he's clearly a much flashier type player - still folks are not expecting him to be top 5-10 - I am).
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 2,949
    boobam13 said:

Ginn is no Cooks IMO. Cooks and MT were 1A and 1B, now MT is clearly 1A and Ginn and Snead are 1C and 2C, defenses will know this and look to take MT out 

I believe this as well.  Cooks drew coverage away from MT and neither Ginn or Snead will command that much attention.  We need to see if MT can beat double coverage now that Cooks is gone.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • redzoneriesredzoneries Posts: 3,043
    Bold prediction: michael thomas winds up being pierre garcon 2.0
  • emurrell17emurrell17 Posts: 2,676
    How do you mean?
    One huge season, then many disappointing seasons that dont live up to the hype he once set
    Although pierre garcon had his breakout year in like his 5th season. I just think michael thomas wont live up to this hype. I think he is too average of a receiver to dominate year after year as a featured receiver