fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2016 fantasy football mock drafts 2016 fantasy football odell beckham sketch fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Trading DMurray / DHenry DYNASTY

So 12-man, 1 ppr, start qb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-te-flex-k-d.

I have DMurray and he has DHenry. 
I have the 1.07 and he has the 1.03.

His RBs are bad: Powell, DHenry, ADP, McKinnon, and Asiata

I see two scenarios—try to get Henry away from him, or try to deal him Murray.

GIVE: If I give up Murray, should I ask for more than the 1.03? (Take one of Fournette, McCaffrey or Mixon.)

GET: If I want Henry, his 1.03 pick last year, do I need to offer more than JCharles, RMatthews, and my 2nd this year? Two 2nds? This year's 1st? 

MY TEAM: D3: QB: Bortles, Tannehill, Jimmy G; RB: DMurray, Howard, Langford, Mathews, JCharles, Kelley, Marshall, Drake; WR: Landry, BryantRishard, Crowder, Lockett, Moncrief, Sharpe, KWhite; TE: Gronk, MBennett, CJ; K: Vinatieri; DEF: Lions
HIS TEAM: D3: QB: Luck, Rivers, Savage, CJones; RB: Powell, DHenry, ADP, McKinnon, Asiata; WR: Evans, KAllen, Meredith, DParker, Anderson, Kerley, Mitchel, Doctson, Floyd, Treadwell, Turner; TE: Henry, Hooper; K: Janikowski; DEF: Cardinals

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Richard
D3: QB: Bortles, Tannehill, Jimmy G, Trubisky; RB: Murray, Howard, Sproles, Pumphrey, DHenry, Langford, RMathews, McGuire; WR: Landry, MThomas, Rishard, Moncrief, Godwin, Chad Williams, Taywan TE: Gronk, MBennett, CJF; K: Vinatieri; DEF: Lions // D4: QB: Winston, Watson, Jimmy G, Osweiler; RB: BellHowardForte, Martin, Conner, Langford, McNichols, Draughn, Hightower; WR: Jeffery, Meredith, Matthews, VJackson, Bolden, Aiken, Golladay, Carroo; TE: Olsen, Witten, McDonald, Higbee; K: Bailey, Gotskowski; DEF: Rams

Comments

• DonDon Posts: 2,944
    You won't get 1.03 for Murray, but if you can straight up is fine.

If you want Henry, you'll have to do better than that garbage offer. You'll have to offer 1.07 plus plus
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 234
    Don said:

If you want Henry, you'll have to do better than that garbage offer. You'll have to offer 1.07 plus plus

I thought with him needing RBs both could contribute. Are we talking Those guys PLUS two 2nds? PLUS first? No idea. Those were the only RBs I could offer him, have to keep Howard. 
    D3: QB: Bortles, Tannehill, Jimmy G, Trubisky; RB: Murray, Howard, Sproles, Pumphrey, DHenry, Langford, RMathews, McGuire; WR: Landry, MThomas, Rishard, Moncrief, Godwin, Chad Williams, Taywan TE: Gronk, MBennett, CJF; K: Vinatieri; DEF: Lions // D4: QB: Winston, Watson, Jimmy G, Osweiler; RB: BellHowardForte, Martin, Conner, Langford, McNichols, Draughn, Hightower; WR: Jeffery, Meredith, Matthews, VJackson, Bolden, Aiken, Golladay, Carroo; TE: Olsen, Witten, McDonald, Higbee; K: Bailey, Gotskowski; DEF: Rams
    What about JCharles + RMathews + 1.07 and 2.07 for Henry?
  • Don said:

Exactly

What about JCharles + RMathews + 1.07 and 2.07 for Henry?

That's worth offering. I like it for you. Hopefully he values JC

Don said:

Exactly
    If I were to get 1.03 for Murray, just take the best of whoever falls from me from Fournette, McCaffrey, or Mixon, right? 

Don said:

Exactly
    If I were to get 1.03 for Murray, just take the best of whoever falls from me from Fournette, McCaffrey, or Mixon, right? 
    BPA at 1.03 yes
    Don said:

Don said:

Exactly
    BPA at 1.03 yes
    The consensus I see is Fournette and McCaffrey as 1 and 2 and then either Davis or Mixon at 3, but I'm not trading Murray to get Davis. 

Don said:

Don said:

Exactly
    BPA at 1.03 yes
    The consensus I see is Fournette and McCaffrey as 1 and 2 and then either Davis or Mixon at 3, but I'm not trading Murray to get Davis. 
    Sounds like you're overthinking. It's irrelevant. You can take the best RB available of those 3.

• SmittySmitty Posts: 4,715
    I love Murray and Henry together, but it's hard to handcuff them at this point if you own just Murray in dynasty.. and as said above people aren't valuing Murray in dynasty, which I get, but it's also a bit overlooked, as he could still be elite for 1-2 years. That said, I traded him and had to oversell to get into a stud runner with way more youth.. a late future first and Murray for Devonta Freeman is what I paid, a runner who is 25, a year older than Coleman. So might consider that a ton to give up, some might not. I will now try to overpay for Coleman but am fine with Freeman.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    Don said:

Don said:

Don said:

Exactly
    BPA at 1.03 yes
    Sounds like you're overthinking. It's irrelevant. You can take the best RB available of those 3.

Right. That's what I meant. We're on the same page here. Thanks.
    Smitty said:

I love Murray and Henry together, but it's hard to handcuff them at this point if you own just Murray in dynasty.. and as said above people aren't valuing Murray in dynasty, which I get, but it's also a bit overlooked, as he could still be elite for 1-2 years. That said, I traded him and had to oversell to get into a stud runner with way more youth.. a late future first and Murray for Devonta Freeman is what I paid, a runner who is 25, a year older than Coleman. So might consider that a ton to give up, some might not. I will now try to overpay for Coleman but am fine with Freeman.

Thanks, yeah. I think I will have to overpay. I have a tendency to hold onto players past their prime. So hard to sell Murray when he was the #5 RB last year, but as you know, when the wheels fall off, they fall off quickly.

Smitty said:

Thanks, yeah. I think I will have to overpay. I have a tendency to hold onto players past their prime. So hard to sell Murray when he was the #5 RB last year, but as you know, when the wheels fall off, they fall off quickly.
    Well, overpay vs selling low. There is a big difference. So, in my case, vs selling Murray for crap, I overpaid using Murray to get a young runner in Freeman (who still has risks, yes, but he's young and I love the appeal to trade into a cheaper rusher that is only 25.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    Smitty said:

Smitty said:

Well, overpay vs selling low. There is a big difference. So, in my case, vs selling Murray for crap, I overpaid using Murray to get a young runner in Freeman (who still has risks, yes, but he's young and I love the appeal to trade into a cheaper rusher that is only 25.
    Right. Totally.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 6,891
    In all honesty, if I was the other owner, I wouldn't trade with you. (Not being mean just a realist) He has all the cards. He'd only be getting spare parts. But you can try
    The "U's" Forum Moderator
    Montreal, Canada
    Proud Canadian  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

In all honesty, if I was the other owner, I wouldn't trade with you. (Not being mean just a realist) He has all the cards. He'd only be getting spare parts. But you can try

True. I don't know if either of these offer makes sense to him. He can stay at 1.03 and get a top rb. But for now, Henry is the #2 RB, although for how much longer, I'm not sure. Henry averaged 7 pts per game in our league last year, and Murray averaged 18. I think Murray holds him off at least one more year. Depends on if he wants to win now or is building for the future. And how much he loves Henry. 

I expect him to say no to these offers, but would be stoked if he took either.
  • Hawk12 Posts: 1,953
    Murray has a contract that can be walked away from after the 2017 season with Tenn walking away with ZERO dead cap money if they let him go.....   He is essentially playing out his deal on one year contracts, 2017 is the last year of any guaranteed money and no cap hit if cut prior to 2018...   This is Demarco's last year in TN IMO.

I've acquired Henry in nearly every league I can, and have given/will give him very  very favorable long term contracts in my auction/keeper/salary cap leagues.  Massive beast in waiting, pay what ever price you need to for Henry IMO.  

I just traded away Leveon Bell & Jimmy Graham for Henry, Austin Hooper, two 2019 1st round picks and McNicols as a throw in.  Serious overpay for Henry, but I got a lot of future with that team and minimal present, so I moved in that direction entirely... I love the deal for that team and the way it is built now
    Hawk12 said:

Murray has a contract that can be walked away from after the 2017 season with Tenn walking away with ZERO dead cap money if they let him go.....   He is essentially playing out his deal on one year contracts, 2017 is the last year of any guaranteed money and no cap hit if cut prior to 2018...   This is Demarco's last year in TN IMO.

I've acquired Henry in nearly every league I can, and have given/will give him very  very favorable long term contracts in my auction/keeper/salary cap leagues.  Massive beast in waiting, pay what ever price you need to for Henry IMO.  

I just traded away Leveon Bell & Jimmy Graham for Henry, Austin Hooper, two 2019 1st round picks and McNicols as a throw in.  Serious overpay for Henry, but I got a lot of future with that team and minimal present, so I moved in that direction entirely... I love the deal for that team and the way it is built now
    sweet, thanks. good to hear, sounds like i may need to up my offer.
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 2,731
    Hawk12 said:

Bell is definitely young enough to have been a part of that future.
  • Hawk12 Posts: 1,953
    Xtreme said:

Bell is definitely young enough to have been a part of that future.
    I agree, but it was an expansion draft team I built here and I had a chance to go way young and add serious future 1sts to a core that is all 24 and under.  I was a 3 headed monster with Leveon, ARob and Landry, and not a whole lot else behind them but hopeful budding talent.  By the time my team is a serious contender and some of that talent emerged - Bell would be 28 and I was actually concerned about his suspension/injury history.  So I got what I thought was very close to a max vale trade deal for him.  This is one of those, team killer, or team builder moves; hope I traded well because my team could be really good in 2018, and fantastic by 2019/20.  But that is a long way of in dynasty.... 
    you don't have to worry whether you traded well...you have to worry whether you will draft well...good luck!
    Xtreme said:

you don't have to worry whether you traded well...you have to worry whether you will draft well...good luck!

Dis
    Montreal, Canada
    Proud Canadian  image
    Also creator of this:
    and man, I can't even imagine moving Bell and receiving 2019 draft picks...I like to build for the future WHILE playing for the present.
    We move picks to acquire players like Bell. 
    Montreal, Canada
    Proud Canadian  image
    Also creator of this:
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYouGuinnessIsGoodForYou Posts: 3,372
    edited June 6
    Xtreme said:

and man, I can't even imagine moving Bell and receiving 2019 draft picks...I like to build for the future WHILE playing for the present.

Me too, but if you know you can't compete, this sort of move gets you out of 5 years of mediocrity and sets you up for a title run in 2019.
  • In the U dynasty league, I decided before the 2016 season that I was already playing for the 2018 season. In the draft, I drafted Hunt, Mack, Conner, McNichols - all players who probably won't contribute fully this year (helping me get a top pick next year), but should have a solid grip on the starting gig by 2018/2019 when I can actually make a title run.
    Traded Perine/Kelley for Ingram/Katana.
    Traded Ingram/Katana for Derrick Henry.
    And I kept DeMarco, too.

In my OTHER league:
    I traded McCaffrey/ARobinson/Ertz/2018 1st
    for Bell/Conner/Olsen/2018 2nd

Feel pretty good about both of these.
    That's great work, Murray/Henry is a secure situation, pal!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    Smitty said:

That's great work, Murray/Henry is a secure situation, pal!

Thanks, Smitty. Appreciate the help, too.