fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2018 fantasy football player pages 2018 fantasy football articles, predictions, sleepers fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Due to upgrades, you MAY need to RESET YOUR PASSWORD in order to login. Email Me if having issues!

Super Bowl L Fun and Smack Talk

Comments

• ErickErick Posts: 2,445
    And in my opinion the only commercial worth anything was the Doritos commercial. The one with Kevin Hart was alright but after that not much for the amount of money they spent for those commercials to air.
    I had a goldfish that could break dance on the carpet..
    But only for like 20 seconds..
    And only once.

• Branch0095Branch0095 Posts: 1,225
    Ok, finally back home and ready to take my medicine.
    Von Miller was Denvers MVP. If not for him I don't think they win or at least it's closer than the 14 points spread.
    Both Defenses played great. The offenses not so much.
    I am a Panther fan and a Cam fan but when Phil Sims calls you out for not going for that fumble that's bad.
    Happy that Manning can go out with another SB win but he didn't do anything in this game to win it. His D did enough for them not to lose it.
    Lastly I'm only out 20 bucks but I know I'm going to hear about it at work tomorrow.
    I've always been a huge Peyton Manning fan. He's been my favorite QB of this generation, and I felt getting a 2nd SB was important to cementing his legacy. Having said that, I think you're correct about Peyton in this game. This isn't even a situation where the D won the game and Peyton did enough not to lose it on offense. The truth is that DEN won this game IN SPITE of what Peyton did on the field. He was down right brutal to watch tonight, and I don't think there's any way he can look in the mirror and think that he can come back for another season. 

I think it was very telling about the lack of trust that Kubiak had in Peyton in the 4th QTR. DEN was up 16-10 with 6-7 min to go (don't remember exactly what the clock was). In a one score game, DEN got the ball, ran it three straight times up the gut and punted the ball away. I've known that Peyton was "done" this entire season, but that drive in that situation kind of drove the point home to me about what Peyton has physically deteriorated into. 
    How is this not a catch?

And only once.

• DonDon Posts: 5,317
    I thought there were several questionable calls that didn't go Carolinas way
    Well that one and then the next play with Denver knocking the ball away and recovering it for a TD put Carolina in the hole early.
    And only once.

• DonDon Posts: 5,317
    Yeah they like they got punched in the mouth and never got up. Can looked overmatched at times, but his team didn't do him any favors. Ginn drop for an INT, Tolbert coughing up a scoring drive, Gano missing a FG, special teams giving up that ridicilous fair catch punt return. Stephen Colbert's monologue after the gsme included a shot at Carolina. The Carolina Panthers coughed up the ball so much you'd think the ball was hair and they were actual panthers
    Cam looked to have trouble audibling into another play when Denver was clearly sending the house. Looked like he had trouble reading the blitz.
    And totally agree with not getting help from several other players that you just listed. If you are a fan of defense then this was your kind of game.
    And only once.

• The ball definitely pinched against the ground & it moved to prove it. It was a good call.

The Willie Beamen came out tonight. Little pressure & things not going his way early frustrated him.

Sloppy game but that's defensive football.

Von played great again. Um yeah- franchise tag. Hope they reward him this offseason thou. Anything he does from here on out is gravy to me. True champion tonight. Kubiak & Phillips really got the best out of him.

Please note Cam was 15-30 before this year- to think before the game that this was already over. Carolina will be back. Kuechly is a monster & Norman shut down DT.

Victory parade info coming shortly!
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,296
    How is this not a catch?

the ball hit the ground then he bobbled it. that's an incompletion.

If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

It looks like Cotchery controlled the ball initially, but lost control when the ball hit the ground. However, he regained control of the ball before it hit the ground again. That would seem to make it a catch. It doesn't seem as if the ball ever hit the ground while not in Cotchery's control, which makes it particularly strange that the pass was ruled incomplete.

And only once.

• Like you said " lost control when the ball hit the ground " = Incomplete

If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

It looks like Cotchery controlled the ball initially, but lost control when the ball hit the ground. However, he regained control of the ball before it hit the ground again. That would seem to make it a catch. It doesn't seem as if the ball ever hit the ground while not in Cotchery's control, which makes it particularly strange that the pass was ruled incomplete.

really? i thought if the ball touches the ground it doesn't matter if the player has control throughout the catch. but if he bobbles after it touches the ground it's incomplete.

Just ask any player in the NFL and they'll tell ya they don't know what a catch is anymore....lol
    And only once.

And only once.

edited February 2016
    http://www.sbnation.com/2016/2/7/10933928/super-bowl-nfl-catch-rules-carolina-panthers-jerricho-cotchery
    ahh, so the official comment is that there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field. that after the ball touched the ground and he lost control of it there wasn't enough video evidence to say the ball didn't hit the ground again. so if it was ruled a completion on the field it would have stood after a challenge as well.

it's a grey area and the ruling on the field is always crucial to any video challenge.

• swampiesswampies Posts: 2,925
    edited February 2016
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • fontainesfontaines Posts: 1,152
    http://www.sbnation.com/2016/2/7/10933928/super-bowl-nfl-catch-rules-carolina-panthers-jerricho-cotchery
    ahh, so the official comment is that there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field. that after the ball touched the ground and he lost control of it there wasn't enough video evidence to say the ball didn't hit the ground again. so if it was ruled a completion on the field it would have stood after a challenge as well.

That's weird, there was overwhelming evidence that the ball didn't hit the ground again, they showed it on tv.

Regardless. That one play didn't really matter. Carolina gave it up too much. They actually moved the ball pretty effectively, but you can't beat a great defense by turning it over that much

That's weird, there was overwhelming evidence that the ball didn't hit the ground again, they showed it on tv.

Regardless. That one play didn't really matter. Carolina gave it up too much. They actually moved the ball pretty effectively, but you can't beat a great defense by turning it over that much
    I think they were talking about it hitting the ground again before he rolled over and controlled it. There was no clear evidence it didn't touch the ground again. It's a grey area and there is no rule which can make it a decisive call unfortunately. The ruling on the field is crucial as always.

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 9,328
    I gotta eat crow when I am wrong. @OdellBeckhamSr, you called a Denver victory and I said you were dreaming. You got this one bro. Hats off to you.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Happy for Peyton to end his career this way with all the time he has put into it! It was very odd seeing Eli not happy for his brothers win like crap I had one up on Peyton before but not now! Though I do hope Peyton gets into coaching some day I just can't seem him not being part of football anymore!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    Happy for Peyton to end his career this way with all the time he has put into it! It was very odd seeing Eli not happy for his brothers win like crap I had one up on Peyton before but not now! Though I do hope Peyton gets into coaching some day I just can't seem him not being part of football anymore!
    Happy for Peyton too, hopefully as can see him on the sidelines very soon as a HC or even GM. As for Eli, I don't think he was not, not happy for his brother that's just the face he has lol. I was surprised why Cam moved away from the fumbled ball though. His interview turned me off on him. He went from being a humble young player to a cocky MVP overnight. Then the emotions of the big big got to him. Nice to see Peyton ride off into the sunset.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 3,958
    I don't think I can ever have the same respect for Cam after he avoided the loose ball (didn't look like the same guy who all season long was willing to put his body on the line).
  • Thanks WTCM.  

It was definitely a strange year. Broncos had the the #1 seed but the offense was so lackluster so couldn't get too excited. 

After the Colts loss last year I didn't think the D was capable of getting this much better with really only adding Stewart (he had a big SB game- he was ballin) to their team.  They played well all year but I wasn't sold on them until the last 2 games.  Wade Phillips had the D playing their best.

Very happy Peyton will go out on top.  Peyton has been great for Denver even before this win.  He managed that one- but his performance was below avg. (Entering Brock did cross my mind) He trusted the D to pull it out & didn't take any risks ( 3-runs in a row)
    Watch Peyton stay another year lol.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • I will be disappointed if he states he wants to come back.  The only big record left is that he is tied w Favre on all time wins.  Peyton actually entered the SD game behind so it should have counted but who really cares if he breaks it or ties it.  Great career but its time.

Would hate to see Elway have to cut him.  

I hope we sign Brock- but I could see getting RG3 on the cheap if Brock demands too much.
    I had a feeling this was why Cam was not going to win after seeing his annoyed attitude towards the media. This is why being a veteran of the game helps you have a better chance on winning the game. You know the expectations from being on the biggest stage there is! Cam needs to grow up is all but when he said he's different from all those he was being compared to, that was only for being a athlete not the mental part of being a athlete!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT Posts: 1,286
    Absolurely the best part of the superbowl for me was seeing a trailer for a new Bourne movie with Matt Damon in it.
  • At Disneyland with Peyton Manning

How do I post video from my phone?
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz, A Smith, Eli
    L Bell, M Lynch, M Ingram, D Cook, C Carson, D Henderson
    A Brown, C Davis, T Hill, J Gordon, J Doctson, C Kupp, B Miller
    Kelce, Gronkowski, Brate
    1.6, 2.5 Rookie Picks

• sweetlewsweetlew Posts: 394
    Absolurely the best part of the superbowl for me was seeing a trailer for a new Bourne movie with Matt Damon in it.
    Hellz yes me to